Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD - A Bit Confused!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
StubbornSwiss
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD - A Bit Confused!

I've just picked up Aerofly Professional Deluxe.

Having used RFG2 for over a year, I must say my first impressions with AFPD have left me somewhat confused.

It just seems that the airplane/helicopter/radio parameters that can be tweaked are rather limited.

Where can you edit the scenery? How do you alter a/c paint schemes?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Blessings!

Albert
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFPD - A Bit Confused!

It just seems that the airplane/helicopter/radio parameters that can be tweaked are rather limited.
The model parameters are almost endless. You can do just about anything you can imagine to the airplanes. The radio is limited, but go into advanced mode and you will see more. Luckily AFPD will work with your own radio setting right out of the box if you have the Interface version.

Where can you edit the scenery? How do you alter a/c paint schemes?
The only thing you can do to the scenes is remove object from view. You can't place them. But the advantage to AFPD over any other sim is that there are over 1200 free downloads that have all kinds of new scenes and models and they are all free. Did you ever see these links?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
StubbornSwiss

Thanks for your response.

Still exploring the program and also looking for downloads!

However, I'm still a bit confused as to customizing scenery and planes, especially as your website states:

"Pay as you go program? Not with AeroFly Pro! There are over 600 FREE downloads which are located on several websites around the net. Once you purchase AFP or AFP Deluxe, you get all of these great downloads FREE OF CHARGE. Why pay more when you don't have too? Warbirds, 3D, Helis, Gliders, Sceneries and much more. You name it, it's out there for you. Don't forget you can make your own custom sceneries and skin the planes just like your own ships and whirlybirds!" (Italics my own).

[link=http://www.aeroflypro.com/]aerofly.com[/link]

So how exactly do I make custom sceneries and skin my planes? This is not a case of misrepresentation, is it?

Anyway, if you would point me in the right direction for createing custom scenery and aircraft I would be appreciative. Do I need to buy any other software to do this? How do the the creators of the downloads do it?

Blessings!

Albert

Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM
STLPilot

Still exploring the program and also looking for downloads!
See this thread and if you lose it it's pinned to the top of this forum as a sticky!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3038243/tm.htm

So how exactly do I make custom sceneries and skin my planes? This is not a case of misrepresentation, is it?
Of course not! AFPD is voted the number 1 sim by RCU Sim Users poll and there is a reason. Anyhow, if you go back into the main AFPD Forum and list the forum by FAQ's it will show you all the questions you are looking for for skinning, making new models and scenery.

If you need more help let me know. But keep playing with it .... get's better!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
StubbornSwiss

Again I must thank you for a quick response! What would we do without these forums??

AFPD is voted the number 1 sim by RCU Sim Users poll and there is a reason.
Actually, like I said I've been using RFG2 for some time, and AFPD came highly recommended when I wanted to get into advanced aerobatics / 3D. So I don't doubt that it's a good program, I'm just having some teething problems

Like you suggest, I need to spend more time with it, and I'll search the forums for any and all relevant help.

And if all else fails, I'll take you up on your offer.

Again, thanks.

Blessings!

Albert
Old 07-27-2005, 06:22 PM
STLPilot

There are a lot of guys that help on these forums. Most questions you are looking for can be easily found with search or look at the FAQ's!

Enjoy the sim. And if your looking for 3D planes www.aeroflypro.com/download has the best selection of 3D planes! Especially those kick ass OMP planes.