Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

JR 10X Detection Problem?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10X Detection Problem?!?!?

Been awhile since I used AFPD.... plugged in tx, channels were funky. Recalibrated... senses the 10X as "4 channel", and throttle/elevator is not detected at all.
I've tried different usb ports; deleting the tx setup, reinstalling AFPD....
Just found and ordered the "new" JR $10 adapter cable... but thinking since things WERE working, why would they stop??

Anyone have a proven, EASY procedure to get the calibration/tx detection to start from scratch so I can get this thing working??????
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 AM
DP
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: JR 10X Detection Problem?!?!?

Had the same problem with mine once and I found out I had the tx in PCM mode. Switched to PPM mode in the tx and all was fine. Take a look and see if this helps.

Dave
Old 08-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Bob Pastorello

Yep. In PPM, even reset that "model", and even chose a new one from scratch. Same result.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Bob call Ikarus at 239.690.0003 and they will walk you through some tests. If the cable is defective they will replace it.

D
Old 09-17-2005, 02:05 AM
mikechip

Hi Aerobob,

I have exactly the same problem as you only with a JR PCM9X Series II (a slightly upgraded 9303) available here in Australia and in Europe. I just brought the program and so far have tried it on my 4 computers all with AMD processors with the same problem that you are experiencing. I also tried it on 3 Intel based computers and it worked faultlessly.

I don't think for one minute that it is the CPU causing the problem but I am beginning to think it may be a faulty interface cable even though my dealer swapped it when I first discovered this problem, I guess a bad batch may not be outside the realm of possibility though.

Until I resolve this issue I have found that as long as the USB interface cable is plugged in it is possible to run the program and use a Realflight G2 Interlink controller although it lacks all the features of using a real transmitter but at least I can fly the simulator.

Did you resolve this problem?? and if so what was the resolution??

Regards

Mike Chipchase
Old 09-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Bob Pastorello

Hi, Mike! Great to hear from you - hope you're well!

I bought the "correct" JR Adapter (another $14 delivered) and it worked - ONCE - and now am back to it not recognizing the TX as more than a 4 channel, and it never recognizes elevator and throttle.

The Ikarus US person told me for sure that the adapter was the problem, and they couldn't imagine what else could be causing the problem. So right now, I have almost $200 worth of simulator that I cannot use......[&o]

And no apparent solutions being offerred, either.....[:@]
Old 09-17-2005, 07:45 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Bob call Ikarus, tell them you talked to Dion at OMP and determined that the cable was defective. They will replace it.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Bob Pastorello

Thanks, Dion. I'll try that Monday, and post back the results. Approaching "simulator" season, so I need this going.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:25 AM
mikechip

HI Bob,

I'm very well indeed thanks, I have just returned from taking in the IMAC State Championships it makes me keen to get my 2.6M CA Extra 330L flying

On the Aerofly front, I borrowed a USB Interface Cable from a friend today anh have just tried it and it works just fine... The one I borrowed even works without the JR (Stereo to Mono) Adapter, I tried it both ways just to be sure. During the tests I also tried it on two of the AMD based computers that my cable would not work on with no problems at all.

I will now have to get my cable swapped, this is the second one as the dealer who supplied the program swapped it when I first got it and the problem became apparent. It seems to me that there may have been a bad batch of these get through the QC system.

Good luck Bob and please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Mike Chipchase
Old 09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Bob Pastorello

Dion - I called Ikarus, USA today, told them my story. The guy said he would send a replacement when he got mine, so I'm shipping tomorrow. No questions about it, other than confirming that I had done what I could to diagnose/prove the issue.

Thanks for the lead, Dion. I'll post back here with results of new cable.