Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Dropped Calibration CURED !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped Calibration CURED !!!!

I've been struggling with my AFPD dropping calibration, not recognizing my JR 10 X, sent in the USB cable (checked "ok" per Ikarus), bought the JR "Adapter", removed, installed, reinstalled, reconfigured USB ports, Game Controllers, etc. This problem was making me pull my few remaining hairs OUT OF MY HEAD!!!![>:][>:][>:]

FINALLY - for who knows WHAT reason - I decided to try "grounding" my TX case (handle, switch, metal screw - any of those) to the PC Chassis metal frame. BINGO!!!!

I can fly my YAK until my carpal tunnel kicks in now, and not a glitch!!!!! Holds calibrations BETWEEN sessions, and retains configuration......NO "glitching" when in the sim, either.....

This is WAY cool, considering we're about to enter "Sim Season" here in OK ......

Just wanted to share! If this is "old news" - please disregard!!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:32 PM
vincentp

Default RE: Dropped Calibration CURED !!!!

I had a similar experience with my JR X388S tx, works fine on my home pc, but when I tried it on my work pc (it's my business so no worries about the boss complaining!) it was glitching, only finding 4 channels instead of 8. I happened to touch my pc case (it's and aluminum LanLi case) and it started working properly. My guess is there is some sort of grounding issue on some pc's.

Regards

Vincent.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Bob Pastorello

That makes me feel better.... thought I had something broke... appreciate the validation!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:45 PM
3wExtra

this could be the answer to my problem! for some reason AFD sometimes picks my Multplex and sometimes does not (it does not work way, way, way many more times).
i will try this! thanks!!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Bob Pastorello

When I was doubting my own findings, I simply made up an alligator-clip jumper of the needed length. When AFPD started twitching, or dropped cal, I touched the clip to the PC metal chassis. Glitching would end. Remove lead, glitching started. I played with this MANY times to be certain of my particular situation.

For me, WITH MY PC, it was a hundred percent fix.