Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Poor quality USB Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:59 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor quality USB Radio

Ok, I recently plopped down $214 bucks for Aerofly Pro Deluxe with the USB radio, so I wouldnt have to use my Futaba 9C on the sim (and because no one has the cables). Ive only had it a week, and already that piece of **** USB radio is glitching and dorked up.

The rudder jumps all over the place, it was working fine when I got it, but now you can barely fly the plane and no chance of flying a heli. It has not been abused! I take very good care of my stuff.

To be honest...IM FIN PSD OFF. I needed this sim to work on my routine for an upcoming competition, and now I cant fly it.

This USB radio is going right back to Ikarus, and I expect a replacement ASAP.

For all you guys planning on getting the sim...just get the cables and use a futaba radio. DONT waste your money on the USB radio. I was willing to overlook the loose and sloppy gimbals when I got it, but a defective unit, I aint overlooking.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:19 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Poor quality USB Radio

bdavision,

You are right on the money, the box is junk. My gimbals were so rough and stiff, I did not even try to use it. Finally bought a older JR that can double for my primary radio if needed, and works great. The used backup purchase was less than the OMP junker.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 PM
bdavison

Its really aggrevating. This sim is extremely expensive. What other computer game do you know of that costs 200 bucks? For 200 bucks it should have come with at the very least a low end Futaba quality radio. Sheesh...JR sells a good 6ch radio for 99 bucks, they could have included it, and still made 100 bucks on the sim.

I dont mind paying good money for quality, but I payed good money for trash.

The sim itself is great, and works flawlessly, but they really should have done far better with the Tx considering they charged us for it.

I dont know what to do now. My $200 sim is out of commission all because of the bum radio. And I cant work on my routine now. This sucks.

Im going to take it back to Tony at Radio South and see if he can make it work the right way...if he cant...he can send this piece of junk back to Ikarus. And they can replace it with a cable for a Futaba 9CAP.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:39 AM
bdavison

Well, Tony said to send it back to Ikarus....so anybody know where to send this thing for warrenty work?

Now Ive got a useless $200 sim until it can be repaired. Starting to wish I had never bought it. Could have saved the $200 bucks and bought some extra brushless motors or something that would have actually worked.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Mudsurfer1234

http://aeroflypro.com/purchase/

scroll all the way down, last thing, 11 bucks.

Go to radio shack, buy one of those adjustable AC wall adapter things, then take a connector, like off a servo extension, and cut off the plug on the AC adapter, solder on the connecter from extension.

Now you have an unlimited supply of 9 volts it's what i use, have no problems with it.

It's nicer using the 9CAPS cuz now i can have normal mode for the heli's, along with Idle 1 and 2, and throttle hold for auto's, and the triple rates/expo and mixing for the airplanes.

Good Luck on your competition

Scott[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44217.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	394553