Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Problems with Futaba Connecting Cable - Help

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Problems with Futaba Connecting Cable - Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 PM
v twin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Futaba Connecting Cable - Help

I am unable to get my recently bought copy of Aero Fly Delux to work. it will not recognise the Tx is connected.
It just comes up with an error which says it cannot detect the transmitter. If I unplug the USB it recognises the USB isn't connected when I plug in the USB it says the interface is there but no Tx.
I returned the lead to the UK Agent and they replaced it
A friend has tried the new lead on his AFPD/computer with my Tx and gets the same problem as me.
I want to use my Futaba ZAP but I have also used my "vintage" Futaba VAP as well, with the same error message.
I thought it might be a wiring issue for ZAP/VAP transmitters but I guess from the GBRCAA forum posts that this is probably not the issue.
I know the DSC connection works on both transmitters, which I guess is the output used for the simulator, so the Tx connections should be ok
The Tx is always set to PPM mode and and then used as in DSC operation ie switched off but comes on when the lead is plugged in.
Can anyone help please, I've run out of ideas?

Pete
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 AM
RCFlyer55
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: Problems with Futaba Connecting Cable - Help

Make sure you are in PPM mode NOT PCM I am usuing the ZAP and it works fine. ALSO make sure the audio(Male) type plug is FIRMLY pushed into the Female half. Hope it works.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
PhilJones

I did have problems with my Futaba 8UAF, but worked those out. My Futaba FF7 is not recognized at all for some reason. Make sure you start AFPD with the usb cable connected but no tx. When it is running, connect to Tx and then turn on Tx. If I do not do it in this order, I have big problems!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:57 AM
v twin

I seem to have narrowed the problem down to the DIN plug connection. When I pull the plug around I can get a connection ok but it needs me to hold it in one place to continue working.
When I compare the connections between the Futaba DSC plug and the AFPD plug the DSC plug uses the metal surround as a connection whereas the Futuaba connects the equivalent wire to a centre pin in the plug.