Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD won't play mp3's

Old 11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Berwyn Bill
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD won't play mp3's

Here's the poop:

My AFPD (Ver. 1.8.0.25) won't play my mp3's anymore . I've tried setting my sound card to no hardware accleration, tried about every different setting in AFPD I can imagine but nothing. Occassionally it will crank one up but if I try to change tracks, that's all she wrote. Engine, crash, etc. sound effects work fine. It didn't use to do this so I'm guessing it had to be one of the Windows updates during the summer while I wasn't sim'ming much.

Anyone else have this happen and still getting tooled after changing the soundcard hardware settings?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:53 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AFPD won't play mp3's

Ensure that the MP3 format of the file is at the same bitrate and quality as the stock mp3 music files. Playback sometimes fails when the quality setting of the mp3 is set too high.
Also check that the mp3 files are copied correctly to the music directory of aerofly. Hope this helps
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Berwyn Bill
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFPD won't play mp3's

Thanks Mark. I got the info at the IPACS forum and have checked the format and bitrate. Oddly, some mp3s play at 128kbps and 44khz and others of the same settings will not. They all play as music files outside of AFPD. Sometimes, even the stock files won't play. It seems to be rather random. I'l keep trying different combinations of files until something sticks.