Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

My Airtronics TX wont work correctly with my new copy of AFPD?

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

My Airtronics TX wont work correctly with my new copy of AFPD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:45 PM
viper21
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Airtronics TX wont work correctly with my new copy of AFPD?

Hi Mike, I just received my new copy of AFPD with the Airtronics USB interface and I am going to use my RD6000S and Stylus I purchased a adapter for my Stylus to connect to the USB interface. The program runs beautifully my computer runs it very nicely with killer graphics and it looks great on my wide 27 LCD monitor. My problem is that the controls on my RD6000 do not work correctly. When I go to calibrate my RD 6000S in the Windows Game controller section it shows up in the calibration window as an Ikarus USB control, when I click properties then calibrate the right stick on the TX is reversed. The elevator stick acts as the aileron axis when I pull the elevator stick down or up it makes the ailerons function ? Then when I use the ailerons the elevator functions I am kind of lost I know that the channels in the program can mapped but I did not want to screw something up. The rudder stick and throttle are not working correctly either, the throttle stick looks like its acting as the rudder because it centers and I don’t get full throttle throw just halfway but if I move the rudder stick it works like the throttle. Is it possible the program has Mode 1 set instead of Mode 2 for my transmitter? I don’t have a clue but I will go onto the OMB site and download the full manual and if your not sure what to do I will post on the RCU forum.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks Mike

Joe

Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Airtronics TX wont work correctly with my new copy of AFPD?

Hi Joe, good to hear from you! OK, let's cover some basics first, before we attend to your RD6000S. Have you installed your add-ons? Which add-ons do you have? After you have installed your add-ons, you will need to download and run a patch. You will have to install your add-on first, then the patch. Sequence is important.

The RD6000S will need to use the 5-pin DIN adapter that comes with your AFPD. While your Stylus switches on automatically when you plug in the adapter, the RD6000S does not. You will have to switch on the RD6000S manually. Pls ensure that you have removed the xtal from the radio, so that the RF circuit will not get damaged by overheating.

Let me know
Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 PM
viper21

HI Mike, thanks for the response okay this is what I have done so far. AFPD Ver.1.8.8.21 is installed It came with the #1 Add on disc Ver.1.09.1.3. I have Not Installed the add on disc only the program disc. My TX is using the 5 pin DIN adapter for my RD I have the correct adapter for the Stylus but right now I would just like to get one TX working then I will try my Stylus all my complex planes will be on it.
Thanks Much Mike.
Joe
Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 PM
rajul

Hi Joe, here's what I need you to do first. Install the add-on 1 disk. Then download the 1.9.7.7 patch http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5028560/tm.htm When you've done that, set your RD6000 to ppm mode, and perform your calibrations and control settings. Actually, you already have the AFPD manual in your hard disk. Go to C:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe\manual The calibration and control setting instructions are in section 10. If you're using dual rates on your radio, perform your calibration at high rates.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 AM
viper21

Okay Mike, all that is done as you specified however when I go into the Windows game controllers applet I have same problem with incorrect axis on my transmitter when I try to calibrate? The only controller in the Windows applet box for controllers and it say Ikarus Interface and says OK but I cant get the right stick to work correctly it reversed? Any ideas, I read the manual about 4 times at least that part but I can get past the first step of calibration because of the controls. I hope I wont have to learn how to fly with my aileron stick for elevator and elevator on aileron[] Any help is appreciated,
Joe
Old 12-02-2006, 12:21 AM
rajul

Hi Joe, there is no need to use the Windows applet. In the main menu of AFPD, you will see the controls button. Use that to set your stick assigments, reverse, and expo. You can also set reverse and expo from your Tx if it has those functions. Then use the calibration button to calibrate your Tx.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:23 AM
viper21

Mike when I try to add a 4 Axis 1 button joystick I get an error message telling me that my game port drivers are missing or not working!
You got me.
THanls Joe
Old 12-02-2006, 12:26 AM
viper21

Mike, okay so dont even mess with the windows calibration applet in control panel?? Cool I will start the program and try it.
Thanks Joe
Old 12-02-2006, 12:34 AM
rajul

Don't forget to switch on your RD6000 in ppm mode!