Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

afpd runs on laptop not home system

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:29 AM
ky1duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afpd runs on laptop not home system

i am running AFPD ver 1.9.77 it works great on my laptop but keeps locking up my home system screen goes black and i have to reboot after that. home system is home built.

MB asus P5WD2 (all drivers updated)
video ATI readon 256meg X800 (most recent drivers)
P4 3.4gig
ram 2gig
HD 250 gig

have tried turning the video as low as it will go turned off sound reinstalled without up date. all with no luck.
PLEASE HELP!

thanks rob.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:48 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: afpd runs on laptop not home system

Hi Rob,

Ensure that your video card acceleration is at 100%, and disable the directsound hardware acceleration. Also, make sure no power management, screensaver, anti-virus programs, spyware, and other programs are running in the background.

Did you install any add-on disk? Did you install the correct patch? The sequence of installation is main disk->add-on disk->patch. If the sequence is not followed, you have a corrupted installation and will have to do a complete uninstall and install. Take note that for uninstallation, you need to go into the Windows Explorer and delete the IPACS folder which is located by default on your local disc C under Program Files. See this link for more details http://www.aerofly.com/www/downloads.html
Old 12-24-2006, 11:15 AM
ky1duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got it to run had to go through and turn off all setting in the 3d section of the (ati) catalyst controll center. WORKS GREAT!!!!

duck
Old 12-25-2006, 06:06 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool!