Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFDP Controller Interface Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Frank Litt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFDP Controller Interface Problem

I have a controller with a usb interface. Worked just fine. Now I have a newer computer. When I load and start the sim, I get the old "can't find the usb" window. I think a number of other people have had this problem. I have looked through the threads and haven't found (or haven't recognized) any thing I could use. Please help or point me in the right direction!

Frank
Old 05-05-2007, 10:35 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AFDP Controller Interface Problem

Did you install the latest patch yet - 1.8.0.25 if you don't have addons, 1.9.7.11 if you have addons? Are you connecting through a usb hub, or directly to a usb port in your system? Try connecting to a different usb port.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Frank Litt

I reloaded afds, downloaded the no addons patch, moved to a new and unused usb port but no joy. Previously, I used a real flight xmtr. Could this be the problem?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
rajul

Which version of AFPD do you have - the interface version, or the game commander version?
If you're using a G2/G3 controller, you will still have to plug in the AFPD usb interface or AFPD game commander into a free usb port. The G2/G3 controller should be configured as a joystick in controls.
Please look in the windows game controller settings (under control panel), if the usb interface shows up there?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Frank Litt

I have version 1.8.0.21 upgraded with the patch. If this doesn't tell you the answer to the commander/controller,where should I look? The game controller icon acknowledges the installation of a "game controller" and the usb interface light is lit on the realflight xmiter. However, the calibration exercise shows the inputs are screwed up....pitch on the xmtr doesn't match rotation around the y axis, etc.

Frank
Old 05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
rajul

Did you plug in your AFPD usb interface or AFPD game commander into another usb port?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Frank Litt

I pulled out the old G-2 and got it working almost immediately. Frankly, I'm not sure I know the difference between a game controller and a game commander. The only thing I have is the G-2 mock transmitter (Futaba) which calls itself a controller. BTW, thanks for your help. I'm sure we can get this solved.

Frank