Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Pleased customer but some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pleased customer but some questions.

I've had my AFPD for 18 months and am extremely please with it and the available downloads, except.

Does the stock controller that comes with it have durability problems? I seem to be able to wear out one or more chanels once every 4 months or so. This will be the third time I'm sending my controller of to you folks to fix.

And how can I get a replacement cable to go with my stock transmitter? Yes, I was a twit, I some how lost the one that came with my copy and I'd like a replacement.

And is the Starflight add on available through my LHS?

And one of the downloads is an F-4U Corsair. Prior to the last update patch I could locate the control function to unfold and fold the wings. Since the last upgrade I cannot figgure how to restore this feature. When I activate this plane from the library, the wings stay folded.

Thanks

Tom OKC
Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pleased customer but some questions.

Hi Tom, the game commander has a usb cable that cannot be detached or separated from it. Did you lose the entire game commander?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
MajorTomski

ORIGINAL: rajul

Hi Tom, the game commander has a usb cable that cannot be detached or separated from it. Did you lose the entire game commander?
No, I meant the USB adaptor cable that came with the game that enabled me to use my regular RC transmitter with the program
Old 07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This came with the download:
Controller Setup For Special Features:

Sliding Canopy - Channel #25 (Hook)
To use this feature simply assign a controller channel or numpad-key (1, 3, 7 or 9) to channel #25 (pre-defined as Hook).

Folding Wing - Channel #21 (special asignment)
To use this feature you must asign a controller channel or numpad-key (1, 3, 7 or 9) to the non-pre-defined channel #21.
Channel #21 is located in the controller setup just next after auto-rotation (channel #20) and should be used reversed

ORIGINAL: MajorTomski

And one of the downloads is an F-4U Corsair. Prior to the last update patch I could locate the control function to unfold and fold the wings. Since the last upgrade I cannot figgure how to restore this feature. When I activate this plane from the library, the wings stay folded.

Thanks

Tom OKC
Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
rajul

Hi Tom, are you referring to the usb slave cable? If you have the game commander version, the slave cable will enable you to use your own Tx but the game commander needs to be plugged into a usb port too as it contains a security key. Which Tx are you using with the slave cable?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 AM
MajorTomski

ORIGINAL: rajul

Hi Tom, are you referring to the usb slave cable? If you have the game commander version, the slave cable will enable you to use your own Tx but the game commander needs to be plugged into a usb port too as it contains a security key. Which Tx are you using with the slave cable?

NONE the slave cable is the one I"ve lost and would like to buy a replacement.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
rajul

Hi Tom, you can get the usb slave cable http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...08251.38233896 and the Starflight addon http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...81282.72026599 directly from Ikarus USA
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
MajorTomski

Thanks that takes care of all I need, 'cept for a budget