Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Trouble calibrating AFP on VISTA

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble calibrating AFP on VISTA

Hi,
I need help calibrating AFPD on Vista Home Premium DELL Inspiron 1525 laptop. The problem has been discussed by others before but a definitive cause seems elusive. Symptom: When calibrating neutral position, red bars jump from side to side spastically. So AFPD cannot find control centers and plane will not fly. This is a new install.

- AFPD works FINE using the same cable/tx (Skysport w/out RF) on my DELL XP desktop - so I conclude the cable is OK.
- Product is AFPD 1.8.0.17 straight off install disk (no add ons, etc.).
- Laptop has 2 Ghz w/4Gb RAM. Display controller is Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family with latest driver
- I indicated to install directx 9 if necessary.

I tried applying the recommended AFPD patch 1.08.025 but error message indicated installer would not replace one file (I didn't write down which one).
I checked the game controller and confirmed channels operate smoothly and proportionately.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Trouble calibrating AFP on VISTA

Hi Seth, pls post your full tm.log file which you can find in the following directory

C:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe

You may open the file with a text editor like word or notepad. Just copy and paste the entire content into your post.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Sethhunter

Hi Mike,
Thanks for following up. I really appreciate the help. My tm file is empty. 0 bytes. Hope that's a good thing?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
rajul

Hi Seth,

-Tell me exactly what kind of 3D card you have, and any other hardware installed, sound card etc.
-Which operating system are you using, 32bit or 64bit Vista?
-Tell me exactly what drivers you installed for the 3D card.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Sethhunter

Well further research indicates the DELL Inspiron 1525 (2 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU "Centrino") does not
have provision for a discrete graphics card. Curious though, the graphics performance of AFPD is great (until
the plane crashes). Regardless something tells me you're going to say this doesn't meet
AFPD minimum requirements.

Anyway to answer your question: 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel (R) High Def Audio HDMI Intel Driver 3/26/2007 6.10.0.2025
Sigma Tel High Def Audio CODEC 9/13/2007 6.10.0.5614
Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family, PCI BUS, Intel driver 4/13/2007 7.14.10.1253
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
rajul

Hi Seth, you will need an openGL compatible 3d graphics card listed in the requirements page here http://www.aerofly.com/www/requirements.html If you're using an on-board graphics processor, it will not work with AFPD.