Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Aero Fly Pro Deluxe Helicopter Set-up w/ JR 9303

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aero Fly Pro Deluxe Helicopter Set-up w/ JR 9303

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 AM
BULLSEYE
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Fly Pro Deluxe Helicopter Set-up w/ JR 9303

First of all, let me first say that I am a complete noob when it comes to helis. I am slowly learning all the aspects of RC helis. I bought the Aerofly Pro Deluxe a while back to help me with my heli skills before I drop some cash. I don’t have any desire to fly 3D maneuvers. My ultimate goal would be to convert the helicopter to an AP ship. Unfortunately, I have not been able to devote any time to the AFPD until now (better late than never ).

Since I am thinking about buying the Mikado Logo 600 one day for my AP camera ship, I decided to buy the Aero Fly Professional Deluxe Team Edition 1 Add-On. This add-on has the Mikado Logo 500 model (close enough). I will be using the JR 9303 radio.

I did lots and lots of searching on forums and picked up a few tips on setting up AFPD.
Here we go:

- Go into JR 9303 and pick a new model
- Reset the model so that you start with a clean slate
- Name the model
- Set-up System Menu settings

Note: Keep your “Swash Plate Type” to “Normal / 1 Servo”
At first, I set the swash plate to 3 servo 120 degrees for ccpm. This did not allow the radio to be calibrated correctly and the heli was un-flyable. The heli tried to nose over to it’s right or left at take off. I tried reversing servos and messing with the swash plate mixing menu. I finally realized after a few hours that the “Swash Plate Type” needed to be set to “Normal / 1 Servo” in Device Select.

-Go into AFPD (I am running on version 1.11.07.09. The add-on upgraded me)
-Controls / New / Advanced

See image for channel assignments
Setting the servos like this also allows you to practice auto rotations because it separates the collective pitch and engine.

-Now I calibrated the controller making sure that the dual rates were set to high
(not that it matters for helis, but just a habit when calibrating for planes)

Note: I made sure and moved the sticks slowly to their extreme positions

-Set-up the JR 9303 radio (i.e. throttle curves, pitch curves, etc…)

That should do it. I hope this helps somebody out there. If you got any other tips, please post it here.

Thanks,

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26167.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	925846  
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aero Fly Pro Deluxe Helicopter Set-up w/ JR 9303

Hi Joe, thanks for the tips. This will come in handy. Can you share a little more on the throttle and pitch curves you are using? If you could post some screenshots from your radio, that would be great. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
BULLSEYE
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero Fly Pro Deluxe Helicopter Set-up w/ JR 9303

I got the pitch and throttle curves from a guy on this forum. I will try to find and provide a link.