Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Black planes in AFPD

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Paulparkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black planes in AFPD

Hi guys,
Another AFPD quirk,
Have any of you experienced when selecting certain planes to fly they appear totally black like they havent loaded properly,
They do fly but I suspect the stick commands are not always reaching the plane as quickly as they should? [:@]

Cheers,paul
Old 01-10-2009, 09:24 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Black planes in AFPD

Which plane is this? Is it a stock plane or a downloaded model?

Also what type of video card are you using? Have you updated the driver for the video card?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was helping a friend, the other day, with AFPD. He has a 2Ghz P4, 768Mb RAM, and an Nvidia 7600 AGP4 card. We edited a Stock Model, changing the CG and Control Throws. We saved it under another name. After a while, it suddenly changed to pure White. I deleted the folder in the Aircraft directory, Edited the Stock model, again, and saved it. It has not changed color since that incident.

His graphics card outputs to a Acer 22" LCD monitor, from the VGA port, and outputs to a Sony Bravia 46" HDTV via the DVI to HDMI cable and we set the Nvidia Settings to Clone. I do not know if that makes a difference.

By the way, do you get better performance with AFPD if you use a separate graphics card for each display instead of one graphics card driving two displays?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
cpc625

Rich,

I've have the same problem using a Dell 1.86 with 4 Gb ram and a e-G-Force 8500 GT card. Spent hours setting up the plane. Finally got it where I wanted it and the next thing I know it turns white.

Charlie
Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Paulparkflyer

Thanks guys,
My video card is Nvidia,
I had to download a new driver to get AFPD to load but is probably still my problem,
May have to get a more powerful card,
Cheers,Paul