Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD Wont recognize my DX7

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD Wont recognize my DX7

Hi,

Just a quick question that everyone probably has asked (but i cannot find an answer that works). I purchased AFPD about a week ago and tried to get it working with my DX7. The program recognized the interface but not my transmitter. I thought it was an issue with the interface so i ordered a new cable for spektrum radios from hobby-lobby.com. The same error occured so I tried unplugging and replugging the cable from the interface > WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO! > Because it will blow the fuse in your transmitter. Hopefully my DX7 since I have not been able to get one today. Anyway, what can I do to make the DX7 work? Is there a simple fix? Which cables do i need? I have the new y-cable thats supposed to work with spektrums and an additional interface cable for spektrums...

Please help

Samolot
Old 01-22-2009, 04:19 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AFPD Wont recognize my DX7

Hi samolot, pls post a photo of all the cables you have. Thx
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
samolot

Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80952.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1116765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84808.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1116766  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
samolot

From the looks of it, I think I had the correct cable to begin with because they are both the same...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 AM
rajul

The "new style" usb interface that you have is not compatible with JR and Spektrum. Pls send back items 1 and 2 to Hobby Lobby for an exchange to the "old style" usb interface cable which is compatible with JR/Spektrum. Keep the adapter cables with you. Either of the ones you have will work with JR/Spektrum.

Please ship your usb interface cable to the service department below with a brief description of your problem, daytime phone number, and email address. You may attach this thread for reference.

Hobby-Lobby International
ATTN: Aerofly Returns (Freda Watson)
5614 Franklin Pike Circle
Brentwood, TN 37027
ph. 615-373-1444
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53523.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1116767  
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
PaulHarrow

I have the old style USB and it would not work with my Spektrum DX6i either. You need to swap a wire in the plug that goes into the back of your transmitter. Not sure about your plug, but with the older style one you can screw the back of the plug off and you will see where the wires are soldered on. You need to change it so that the inner wire (in my case it is in white insulation) connects to the inner pin, and the outer wire (which in my case seems like an outer shielding wire) connects to the outer most part of the plug.

Let me know how you go. I only found out because I saw a post where another guy had to do the same. All is fine now.

Regards,
Paul.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
samolot

This is getting kind of annoying. Hobby Lobby sells a product that claims to be compatible with Spektrum radios, and even has a special interface for it, when in reality, you have to reconnect wires on an interface. I hope its just the issue with replacing the new interface with the old one. Im already shipping the new one out.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
rajul

Pls do not reconnect any wires. There is no need to do that. You have the correct JR/Spektrum adapter as mentioned above. The adapter goes between the usb interface cable and your JR/Spektrum radio.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
samolot

I wont, I just everything works the way its supposed to after I get the old interface. How long do you think it will last before I get it if i ship it tmrw?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
theKAT
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Mike,

I just want to clarify. I currently have a JR X9303 radio that I use with RFPD via a gray USB cable with heat-shrink dongle in the middle and a stereo mini plug on the other end. Works fine.
I'm getting ready to replace it with a 9303 DSM version. Will I need a different interface cable?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
rajul

Karl, that usb interface is fine. Pls get an AFP-02 adapter cable. The dimensional tolerances of JR mono trainer socket can vary from model to model and batch to batch. The stereo plug at the end of the usb interface may work in isolated cases but it is safer to use the proper stereo-mono adapter cable AFP-02.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
theKAT
My Feedback: (1)

Follow up: I got my 9303/2.4 and my current cable works fine. I'm trying to remember; I may have modified my original cable a long time ago to tie two of the contacts on the plug together.