Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

AeroFly Pro Deluxe Platinum for Mac OS?

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AeroFly Pro Deluxe Platinum for Mac OS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
bobparks2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroFly Pro Deluxe Platinum for Mac OS?

I just noticed that Ikarus announced a Macintosh version of AeroFly Pro at the Nuremburg last month. Will Hobby Lobby be carrying that here in the US?

Also, I already have AFPD, plus a couple of the add ons that are now bundled with the new "Platinum" versions. Will there be any sort of upgrade option available?

Bob

Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
jaybna

Default RE: AeroFly Pro Deluxe Platinum for Mac OS?

Stay tuned for some exciting news on the front. Final testing is taking place now!

Thanks, Jay

Hobby-Lobby
Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Platinum edition just means, addons 1 to 5 are included in the afpd version. There will be a platinum edition for windows
and one for mac os x. Platinum edition just started. The windows version is ready right now and the mac os x will be ready in
April.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
bobparks2

ORIGINAL: rajul

Platinum edition just means, addons 1 to 5 are included in the afpd version.
I really want the mac version. For a long time now I have had windows, either as a separate computer or as Boot Camp on Intel Mac, mainly so I could run flight sims.

OTOH, the Platinum bundle means that to get the Mac version I have to buy a lot of models I already paid for.

Bob
Old 03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
rajul

Bob, the addons that you have are not mac os x compatible
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
bobparks2

ORIGINAL: rajul

Bob, the addons that you have are not mac os x compatible
So, are you also saying that all the third party model files available will not work on the mac version? Those are DATA not programming, so there should be no reason they could not follow the same file formats in the two versions. And if other model files can work with both, why not the add ons?

Bob
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
rajul

Third party models will work with the mac version. Addons 1-5 are already included in the platinum version, so it does not matter
Old 06-03-2009, 04:53 PM
bart4u

Has anybody used theAeroflySimulatorfor the Mac? Hobby Lobby said there is software problems and will not be available until the end of summer but I know you can buy it in Europe.

Hide Signatures
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
rajul

There is no software issues with the mac version. For the time being you would have to get it directly from Ikarus Germany. I will provide an update on availability in the USA as soon as I get it.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
bart4u

Hi there I received my Aerofly for the Mac in the mail today.  It loaded it up on the computer fine.  The Aerofly will not read my Spectrum DX7.  I hooked all the cables correctly.  Plugged in the USB to the computer then the interface adaptor with the three leads orange, red and purple.  The orange lead is closest to the round sleeve, then the 2.5 mm cinch connector is connected (looks like a mono plug) then with the other end of the cable I plug into the DX7 (looks like a stereo plug.  I am going crazy I tried everything.  I used all three trainer modes in the box and still not reading the DX7.  Please help me get this software started.  Any thoughts or ideas.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM
rajul

Hi Bart, do you have the usb stick adapter as shown in the attached pictures? Your radio should also be in normal mode, not trainer mode.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48076.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1216252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31163.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1216253  
Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 AM
bart4u

Yes I have those connections and the box was in the normal mode too but still did not work.  After doing further research there is another connector that is needed.  It looks like it converts the stereo connection to the box to a mono connection.  Here is the connector that is needed.  I saw it on the Hobby Lobby site it is the Aerofly Pro Deluxe Adapter for JR & Specktrum Product Number AFP02.  Looks like it converts a stereo plug to a mono plug.  Maybe Radio Shack would have it.  I will check before I order it. [img]file:///Users/daleberman/Desktop/afp02.jpg[/img]
Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
rajul

Hi Bart, yes you will also need the AFP-02 adapter for JR/Spektrum. A conventional stereo-mono audio convertor e.g. the one from Radio Shack will not work as the internal connections are different.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:41 AM
bart4u

I will give a quick review for Aerofly simulator for the Mac. I have a Mac 2 x 2.8 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 6GB of memory. My graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 2600 plus I am running 10.5.7. Installing the Aerofly is very easy. Just install it in your applications folder and the simulator will run from the folder not the DVD. I am using my Spektrum DX7 with the simulator. I was having a problem with the cords that came with the simulator. Aerofly will not run on the provide cords. I had to buy a Aerofly Pro Deluxe adapter for the JR and Spektrum boxes from Hobby Lobby. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aerofly_...1517_p rd1.htm. It converts the stereo male plug to a mono plug. The ones from Radio Shack will not work. The only problem was it did not have a good fit in the buddy box connector. The hard plastic around the male plug did not allow a good fit in the buddy box connection and it would pop out of the connection and by doing that it blew a fuse in my transmitter. I solved the problem buy cutting out the hard plastic around the male tip and then I taped it up with electric tape. You just have to be careful when you insert it in your transmitter. This is a wonderful program. It comes with about 119 planes and helicopters and 46 different sceneries. The photo realistic ones are the best. I really enjoy flying the warbirds. The program is very very realistic to the real planes. I tried my friends Real Flight Simulator and I thought the Aerofly was much better. For the cost of this simulator Aerofly should have provided the correct cords for the JR/Spektrum boxes. I would recommend this to any one with a Mac. The only problem is that you have to buy it out of the country. I bought mine at Sussex Model Centre http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:52 AM
rajul

Hi Bart, thanks for the nice review. Ikarus will be confirming a new USA distributor soon and this will iron out all the supply chain issues.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
barraman

What's the latest with Ikarus and a new distributor? Hobby Lobby is still the only listed supplier and they don't carry the Mac version.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 AM
bart4u

If you want the Aerofly simulator now then read my post and order it from England. I use mine everyday. Don't waste your time waiting for Hobby Lobby. I know it is a pain to order it overseas but you will love the software.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 AM
bobparks2

Another quick review.. I got the "upgrade" from the Windows version, ordered direct from Germany, since I could not find any other source for the upgrade. It arrived in about a week. No problem installing or running, I just had to find all the old TX adapter cables that had gotten separated from the USB interface unit (which is also the "copy protection").

I am running it on a couple year old Mac Book Pro 17, 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 Gb RAM, Radeon X1600 graphics with 256 MB Vram, generally connected to an external 1920 x1200 pixel 28" monitor. It looks really good, and no problems with speed unless I have a lot of other apps open at the same time.

I also downloaded a bunch of other models from RCsim.de Almost all of them worked, but I had to use Windows to "install" some of the ones that came as .exe installer files, then copy the files over to the Mac side.

My one gripe is that it would be nice if the license let me install it on both my laptop and desktop machines... after all, it wont run without the hardware USB interface.

Bob
Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM
kidwave

Will AFPD interface with a Walkera WK-0701 Transmitter? I'm just about to purchase MAC version, and wondered if I also needed to purchase separate adapters.

John
Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 PM
rajul

John, I believe Walkera transmitters has the PPM signal mixed and this mix can't be disabled. AFPD cannot work with the mixed signal because a single channel input results in multiple servo movements.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
RC Aerodyne

hello i just received my aerofly delux with game commander but when i try to fly the controls seem backwards to me.i went into settings and i cant seem to get it to work right.does anyone have experience at setting this thing up?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 PM
rajul

rcaerodyne, please post your question in a new thread. This thread is for general discussion on the AFPD Mac version
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM
bart4u

Rajul, Any word if Aerofly 5 will come to the Mac. Have you seen the update for the PC. Looks to be really cool. Let me know if the guys in Europe will design it for the Mac platform. I am still flying my simulator everyday and love it but some new updates would be appreciated. I have no problems paying for a new update if they come out. Thanks again for all your help....Bart4u
Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
rajul

bart4u, please see my comment here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9454594
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
simibill
My Feedback: (57)

I have AeroFly Pro Deluxe Platinum for Mac OS and have not been able to get any support from them. I downloaded a couple of models and added them to the Airplanes and Sounds folders, but they will not show up in the list of planes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.