Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

easyFly models in AFPD - help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Toolman12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easyFly models in AFPD - help?

Does anyone know why some easyFly models look beautiful in AFPD, while others have grey areas and or striped areas where nice graphics should be? I was so thrilled the other day to learn of a new source for models, I found a few beautiful heli's that I haven't seen anywhere (for AFPD), but it's been just about 50/50, where half of them look fantastic, while the other half look weird.

I learned recently that when AFP models didn't look good in AFPD, I could change the tmt files to bmp's, and then the models looked good. I'm hoping there's some similar trick for the weird easyFly models?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: easyFly models in AFPD - help?

Hi toolman, Easyfly models are not compatible with AFPD
Old 04-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Toolman12345

Thanks very much for the response. I don't mean to argue, but that can't be entirely true. AFPD itself pops up a notice at the beginning of a flight that acknowledges one is flying an easyFly model, and that some advanced features are disabled, such as stalling. If the models just plain weren't compatible at all, I don't see why the programmers would have the app notice it was an easyFly model and warn the user of issues one will encounter. As I mentioned, about half of the models I've been indexing for myself have been beautiful looking, so it has something to do with the way the models are created that determines how well they will look in AFPD. I was simply hoping to find out that difference, and perhaps modify the problem-models to look like they were designed. (ALL of the easyFly models handle completely differently than those created for AFPD - I'm only looking for a solution to the way they look.)
Old 04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
AS1947

Hi Toolman,

are there easyFly models from [link=http://arthur.heim.at/]my homepage[/link] that will not work in AFPD?

If so, you can ask Dieter Fingerle for advice (he created all my easyFly models). I think he should know the difference!

Arthur
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Toolman12345

Hi Arthur, thanks for answering. As a matter of fact, I have already written Dieter (to the email address listed in one of his readme's) because I noticed that he was the one that created two similar models that I'm talking about. The SM-S55 regular plane has grey areas and the right wing flickers constantly, while the SM-S55-V2 looks perfect. I asked if he might know the difference between how those two planes were created that would account for the graphic issues with the SM-S55.

I'm sure the easyFly planes aren't "officially" supported, but there is some support built into AFPD or they wouldn't work at all. One doesn't have to hack the program to get these working, but merely copy them into a certain place. I don't want to waste anyone's time, I was just hoping to find someone else who's discovered and solved the issue before, if there is a solution. The solution might be to simply not bother with the ones that don't look right? But that would be a shame...
Old 04-29-2009, 03:39 PM
AS1947

Hi Toolman,

I just downloaded both versions from my homepage and they are both working fine!

What version of AFPD do you use?? I used 1.11.7.21 (the latest version, which can be downloaded from the [link=http://www.aerofly.com/]IPACS homepage[/link].

Arthur
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Toolman12345

Thanks, I'm on 1.9 something, I'll try the latest patch.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Toolman12345

I applied the latest patch and it made no difference. Maybe since they both work for you, the problem is with MY system, I just don't understand why half of them work great and half don't. But thanks for your time Arthur! I believe it was YOUR how-to that I pointed to in another post about easyFly models in AFPD...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Toolman12345

Okay, I was looking at the models because of what I learned recently about making AFP models look right in AFPD. BUT - I just updated my video driver for my ATI Radeon X1600 - and BANG! Problem solved! Sorry everyone, for not looking at my own system first!

Now I have a bunch of truly unusual and interesting heli's in my collection that I only found in easyFly models, and I'm so, so happy!