Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Thumb image not showing up in Aircraft list

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Thumb image not showing up in Aircraft list

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Toolman12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumb image not showing up in Aircraft list

Okay, I've moved onto my next issue. For 15 of my models, the Thumb image does not show up when browsing aircraft within AFPD. I have compared thumb bmp's between those that don't show up and those that do, and changing resolution, etc, making the non-functioning one match the one that works has made no difference, the thumbs for certain aircraft simply refuse to show up. I can always get a preview graphic to show up, even if I have to create one from a screenprint myself, but the thumb problem has me confused. Among the ones that DO show up, the size of the thumb ranges from 64x64 up to 256x256, so there doesn't seem to be ONE resolution that is the RIGHT one.

Has anyone else experienced and hopefully solved this?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Toolman12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thumb image not showing up in Aircraft list

Let me answer my own Post? While troubleshooting the issue, I ended up with both a thumb.tmt AND a thumb.bmp in the directory, in both of the directories I was working with, before complaining about 15 missing thumbs. As soon as I got rid of the thumb.tmt in each directory, the problem was solved. I now have thumbs for all aircraft. I suspect that if both a tmt and a bmp are present, AFPD looks first at the tmt and ignores the bmp. This goes right along with my discovery that AFPD doesn't like many of the tmt files from models created for AFP. In most cases, merely changing the extension from tmt to bmp works fine. In my case, many of the thumbs provided with the model were so tiny and low-resolution that I made new ones with the screenprint tool (F11).