Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Upgrade from older Aerofly Pro Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:02 AM
NapaFloyd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade from older Aerofly Pro Deluxe

I have the older program Aerofly Pro Deluxe with add on version 1.9.1.3.

I see that Aerofly Pro Deluxe 5 is out.. How do I upgrade to Aerofly Pro Deluxe 5 or must I buy the total program again.?

I have been using a JR 8103 transmitter with this older version with no problem.

Floyd

Old 12-26-2009, 07:04 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Upgrade from older Aerofly Pro Deluxe

Hi Floyd, no worries. You will be able to upgrade your AFPD to AF5. Your AFPD usb interface cable or game commander is fully compatible with AF5, but you will need to activate it.

You could get the upgrade directly via Ikarus Germany but I would wait for it to be available through Tower Hobbies, probably in a few weeks time. Here's the Ikarus link http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...ly5-%28Win%29/
Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 PM
NapaFloyd
My Feedback: (1)

Mike, The web site lists the program at € 119.00 which equates to $171.64. There is no mention of how to upgrade from the old version to the new by returning the original program.. I guess you upgrade by buying the new product. Or did I misssomething?

Tower has the AeroFly Pro Deluxe (Win) for $229.00 and with the after Christmas offer discount it is $204.00.

[&o]
Old 12-26-2009, 07:56 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you're right. You do not have to return the old disks. In the upgrade kit, you will receive the AF5 disks only. You will need to re-use the AFPD interface cable or game commander. I can't comment on the pricing but there could be some price difference between USA and Germany. Just have to wait for Tower Hobbies.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM
satter
My Feedback: (2)

I have the older version of Aerofly Pro - the disk says V 1.2.6. I would like to upgrade to the deluxe version or possibly the aerofly5. Is this possible, and if so how do I do it?

THanks,