RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/)
-   -   Problem with Aerofly 5.5 and Spektrum DX7 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/10999366-problem-aerofly-5-5-spektrum-dx7.html)

BusdriverSA 03-13-2012 10:56 PM

Problem with Aerofly 5.5 and Spektrum DX7

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

A new thread as requested and at the risk of repeating the same questions:

I cannot get my Spektrum DX7 to work with Aerofly. I have the game controller, supplied interface cable, normal black cable, andthe y lead adaptor cable which is plugged into my Tx.

Aerofly recognises the game controller when searching for new controllers, but shows it having 0 channels. I then select it for calibration and nothing, as if the Tx is not even connected! When I cancel that it keeps telling me my RC is off or not connected. This happens with the Tx switch on or off.

I have all the cables EXACTLY as specified in the last picture on a previous thread as posted by yourself, and my TX is off (turns on in DSC mode when the cable is plugged in), I have selected a new, unedited default model on my Tx and trainer mode is inhibited, actually I have tried all4 trainer modes with no success.

A picture of my cables is attached. Any help please??

Thanks.

rajul 03-14-2012 03:46 AM

RE: Problem with Aerofly 5.5 and Spektrum DX7

1 Attachment(s)
What type of game controller are you referring to in your message above?

Although the DX7 radio is DSM (not PCM or PPM), the signal from the trainer port is tapped before any modulation is applied and is PPM compatible, and therefore works with Aerofly. There is nothing to set in the radio, but an Aerofly stereo-to-mono adapter cable is required. Leave the DX7 switched off before plugging in the adapter cable. The radio will automatically switch on when the adapter cable is plugged into the radio. The radio will not work with Aerofly if it is manually switched on before inserting the adapter cable.

Also, please ensure that your cable connections are as shown in the diagram below, and make sure all connectors are pushed all the way in. Are you able to push in the mono plug in your y-adapter cable completely into the socket at the back of your DX7? Is the black plastic casing blocking the insertion in any way?

BusdriverSA 03-16-2012 12:27 AM

Hi Mike,

The game controller I am referring to is the USB interface that plugs into the computer and then we plug the Tx cables into that, exactly as per both our pictures above.

All the cables are correctly and firmly connected, and the plug connects properly to the Tx, so the only thing I can think of is that either the USB interface or one of the cables is faulty. If there is nothing else you can suggest I'll be taking it back to my hobby store for a replacement.

Thanks again.

Richard

rajul 03-16-2012 05:34 AM

Richard, OK, what you were referring to as the "game controller" is the usb stick interface. By definition, a game controller is a joystick device. What was the exact error message you were getting in AF5?

BusdriverSA 03-18-2012 08:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your time, but I tried the USB Tx (game controller) I had from Realflight G3 and that works perfectly. I also don't have to charge the batteries to fly on my PC any time, so I will continue with that.

Regards.