RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/)
-   -   DSX9/18MZ and Aerofly (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/11173041-dsx9-18mz-aerofly.html)

JamF4U 07-29-2012 02:26 AM

DSX9/18MZ and Aerofly

Have just tried to install my DSX9 with Aerofly, yet it is not being recognised. Tried my 18MZ as well still no recognition. I have been using the program with the Aerofly game commander, do I need to re-install the software to get it to recognise the new radio adaptor? I have the USB link and the right adaptor, tried all combinations and still no luck. My Futaba 6 channel worked ok with it, I no longer have that.

I'm using a Mac and have the radio's in the required trainer mode.

rajul 07-29-2012 02:56 AM

RE: DSX9/18MZ and Aerofly

Please post a photo of your cable connections from the transmitter to the computer

JamF4U 07-29-2012 03:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Mike, see below. I used the same connections with my 18MZ.

JamF4U 07-29-2012 03:30 AM

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

rajul 07-29-2012 03:44 AM

Which version of Aerofly do you have eg. AFPD, AF5? Did you purchase the game commander version or the usb interface version? The usb interface in your photo looks like the slave cable.

JamF4U 07-29-2012 04:00 AM

I purchased the Game commander version, not good for the normal radio? It is AF5, my old version was the USB version.

rajul 07-29-2012 04:37 AM

You said you purchased the GC version of AF5. Then you said the "old version" is the usb interface version. What is the "old version". This is a bit confusing. Could you explain clearly.

Also, please post a photo of your game commander.

JamF4U 07-29-2012 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. My previous Aerofly was AF5, it didn't come with the game commander. I gave that and my 6 channel Futaba to a friend of mine who wanted to learn how to fly RC. I purchased this new AF5 to replace it with the game commander, I thought the program would also work with my Futaba 18MZ or JR DSX9 transmitter and purchased the adaptors as well. I may have been mistaken.

Photo attached, I'm happy with the system and will use the game commander if that is all that works with my system. To be frank, I don't like to use my flying radio's on a computer simulator anyway.

Thanks for your help.

rajul 07-29-2012 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, now I understand you better. What you have now is the GC version of AF5, and you have an Ikarus slave usb cable. Well, you could use your own transmitter - you need to plug in both the GC (the GC has a security code) and the slave usb cable into two separate usb ports in your computer. Then just setup your transmitter in AF5 as per the instruction manual.

The connections for Futaba and JR/Spektrum is as per the attached diagrams. Your transmitters should not be in trainer mode! They should be in PPM mode. Check the transmitter manuals. I am not sure about the 18MZ but for my 14MZ I have the FM module plugged in. My frequency menu shows that I am using the 8-channel PPM modulation. The other two modulations available are the 12-channel PPM (N1.3) and 12-channel PPM (N1.5). The N represents the PPM pulse width. I think the 8-channel PPM is using N1.0 by default, which is the standard PPM modulation that is compatible with the usb interface.

JamF4U 07-29-2012 06:42 AM

Thanks Mike, I'll try that and get back to you in the next day or two. I meant to say the radio's were in Student mode. Hope it works. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards

Jam.

rajul 07-29-2012 06:43 AM

No problems, glad to help