RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/)
-   -   Aerofly 5.7 for Windows question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ikarus-aerofly-flight-simulators-337/11591869-aerofly-5-7-windows-question.html)

thebluemax 12-21-2013 08:45 PM

Aerofly 5.7 for Windows question

I purchased in November Aerofly 5.7.1.3 for windows and updated it to version 5.7.5.3. If I fly the PT-40 I get frame rates between 50 and 80 and everything works great. If I fly any other type plane such as the FW-190, I only get 18 to 25 for a frame rate and the controls are very sluggish. My system meets the requirements to run it and my video card has 1gb of ram on it and is on the Aerofly recommendation list.

In any case I am not happy with Aerofly and decided to sell it here on RCU. I received a post in my ad from someone who said he bought Aerofly from someone here on RCU and he cannot do any updates or download and install any models or scenery as he is not the original owner.

I do not want to sell it if this is true as it would not be fair to the buyer. I have pulled my ad until I know if this is true or not. Is what this person is telling me really true? Or is there something else that needs to be done so the buyer can get all the updates, models, and scenery? If this is true, this does not make sense especially since the manual says activation is restricted to your usb interface and/or the usb game commander and not to a specific PC so that Aerofly5 can be installed and used on different computers. I don't see how tis could be different than another person buying it and installing it on their PC.

thanks for your time.
Bill

rajul 12-22-2013 04:05 AM

Hi Bill, if you could post the complete content of your tmlog file here, I could check what the issue is.

In case of selling, you would have to include the usb interface which contains a security key. Without this the new user will not be able to run Aerofly. The new user will then have to contact Ikarus to get a new activation key. He must provide the old activation key (which will be disabled), and also the serial number of his usb interface.

thebluemax 12-22-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11690625)
Hi Bill, if you could post the complete content of your tmlog file here, I could check what the issue is.

Hi Rajul,
Thanks for the quick response. As requested here is my TM.log file. I had to attach it as tm.txt as I get a message it exceeds 10000 characters when I paste it in this post. Again thanks for all your help.
Bill

rajul 12-22-2013 07:31 AM

Bill, please try the following. Go to the AMD website and install the latest driver for your graphics card. I see that you're running the HD 4600 series. Exactly which model number is it?

thebluemax 12-22-2013 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11690725)
Bill, please try the following. Go to the AMD website and install the latest driver for your graphics card. I see that you're running the HD 4600 series. Exactly which model number is it?

Thanks again for the quick response.
My video card is the HD4650. I did go to their site and downloaded the latest they had but I will do it again. Here is what I have now.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1950074

thebluemax 12-22-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11690725)

I updated the drivers from AMD for the HD4650. I went from ver 8.753 to ver 8.9.70 and there is no change. Still the same result.
thanks again for your help.

rajul 12-22-2013 10:30 PM

Bill, could you check what is your current graphics quality setting in aerofly5? Did you enable any extra graphics like clouds and sun glare?

thebluemax 12-23-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11691290)
Bill, could you check what is your current graphics quality setting in aerofly5? Did you enable any extra graphics like clouds and sun glare?

Here is my graphics settings.I was running full screen but had to change it to windows to get the screen capture. Smoke and glare hve been turned off

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1950529 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1950543

rajul 12-23-2013 09:49 AM

Hi Bill, I think for your XP system and low-to-medium grade graphics card, you could try running at low graphics settings. This would give you a better fps for more demanding models and sceneries.

thebluemax 12-23-2013 09:55 PM

Hi Rajul,
I changed it to low graphics and it is somewhat better but there are still some aircraft that the frame rate is too low. I appreciate all your time and help on this. Thanks again.

rajul 12-24-2013 07:14 AM

Good to know there's some improvement, but the fps is limited by your computer system and graphics card.

thebluemax 02-23-2014 09:20 PM

Hello Rajul,
For reasons other than running Aerofly 5, Windows XP and IE-8 are a couple, I have finally decided to buy a new computer system. I am getting a Dell XPS 8700 with a 3.4 GHz, I-7 processor, with turbo boost to 3.9 GHz. 8 GB of memory, and Windows 7 Professional.

The video card that comes with it is a Nvidia GT-635 with 1 GB of ram. Is this card good enough for Aerofly 5 and to use wiith Aerofly 7 if i were to upgrade to Aerofly 7?

If not, what is a good Nvidia card to upgrade to? I have been looking at the GTX-650 with 2 GB of ram and a GTX-660.
thanks for your time.
Bill

rajul 02-24-2014 12:23 PM

Hello Bill, the GT 635 should work well for Aerofly5 and RC7. I would suggest that you invest in a slightly better graphics card, something that will be able to cope with software development in the next 3 to 4 years. You could go with the GTX 650 if you have the budget. The GTX 660 is probably an overkill.

thebluemax 03-03-2014 07:43 PM

Hi Mike,
I got the new pc up and running and a couple of things.

First I installed version 5.7.1.3 with the original disk I purchased. Running that version with the GT-635 card it was showing over 300fps. When I installed the update to version 5.7.5.3 the FPS were about 75 and everything seemed to run just fine. I then installed my new video card and its latest drivers. It is a GTX-650 with 2gb of ram and the FPS was consistent at 125. However the sim would crash when I would go into the assign modification box that appears on the screen. Also it asked several times for me to re-activate it. I did that about 3-4 times.

Then I just uninstalled everything and started over again installing with the new video card. When I re-installed from the disk with the new video card the FPS was between 500 and 600. After downloading the update it was back at a consistent 125 fps. I did not get any activation requests after the initial reinstall but the sim still crashes with that assign modification box. Sometimes it happens right away and sometimes I can go in and out of it a few times before it crashes the sim.

Attached is my tm.log file after the latest sim crash which I re-named to tm.txt so it could be uploaded.

thanks again for all your time and help.
Bill

rajul 03-04-2014 08:49 AM

Bill, I think this is a driver issue. Did you download the latest driver directly from NVidia website? What is your graphics quality setting in AF5?

thebluemax 03-04-2014 08:56 AM

Hi Mike,
I downloaded and installed the drivers directly from Nvidia when I installed the new card so they are the latest. The graphics setting was originally set at medium and I have changed it to high and ultra but the problem happens whether I use medium, high, or ultra. also the frame rate was at 125 no matter which graphics setting I used.

rajul 03-07-2014 08:12 AM

Sometimes the older driver work better for certain cards. Try to use an older driver and see if it makes any difference.

thebluemax 03-07-2014 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11753771)
Sometimes the older driver work better for certain cards. Try to use an older driver and see if it makes any difference.

I uninstalled the current driver and went from version 334.89 down to 331.65. Same thing happens. I give up..... Thanks for all your help.....

ps.
I went and uninstalled version 5.7.5.3 again and installed version 5.7.1.3 from the disk. Did not upgrade to 5.7.5.3 and it still does it. Anyway thanks again for all your help as it is appreciated.

rajul 03-08-2014 09:14 AM

Bill, please check if there is any inadequate power supply or overheating issue with the new graphics card installed in your computer system. These issues could cause crashes.

thebluemax 03-10-2014 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by rajul (Post 11754592)
Bill, please check if there is any inadequate power supply or overheating issue with the new graphics card installed in your computer system. These issues could cause crashes.

My power supply is 460W, The temperature on the card from diagnostic software shows 100`F. Minimum requirements on the card is 400W and max temperature is about 210`F.

thebluemax 03-10-2014 07:29 PM

I found this in a log file on my pc. Don't know if you can tell anything from it or not.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1976968http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=1976967