Composite ARF Vs. Krill Model

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Composite ARF Vs. Krill Model

Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
SquadronLeader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite ARF Vs. Krill Model

Hey guys I need some help. I decided to purchase a 33% plane and I can't decide which one to get. I need your help. Both these airplanes are pretty expensive and I don't want to make the wrong decision. I was looking to get -

-Composite ARF Extra 300SX 2.6m, Fantasy red/yellow scheme or
-Krill Model Katana S 33% colour scheme RAZOR EDGE

If anyone has these planes can you tell me the good and bad things about these planes.

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:46 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Composite ARF Vs. Krill Model

I cant speak for the Krill models, but I own and have assembled several comp arf models includeing the Extra and can say you would not be dissapointed with the 2.6 C-Arf Extra. Just go to any IMAC event and you will probably see several people flying them, and you can see for yourself. There are several build threads here and on other sites on the 2.6 C-Arf, if you want to see from start to finish whats involved putting one together. I fly in the Northern-SE section and their are lots of people flying C-Arfs but I cant think off hand of anyone with a Krill that you could ask questions to. Only thing negative i can say is ( the C-Arfs) cost so ?+!! much. Good luck with whatever you decide on.........Gene
Old 12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
cygnet
My Feedback: (33)

I have both comp arfs and the krill the krill is a much better kit and comes with more for your money. Both fly very well the krill kit is just much better quality I'm not saying the comp arf is bad, just that the krill is better. Just my .02
Old 12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

. Krill flies better too. Sold the composite arf after I started to fly the krill.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know how the 33% Krill Velox II compares with the 33% Katana for IMAC? I like the looks of the Velox and the fact that it seems a good match for a DA-85 at 22 lbs. If I read the Krill site correctly, it looks like the 33% Katana may need a DA-100 due to its weight of 26 lbs. Nonetheless, I'd prefer to get which ever is better suited to IMAC flying.

Tony
Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
cygnet

I don't think one will be better than the other I think it is in the way you set your plane up both should be great IMAC planes.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Roadster

ORIGINAL: RBACONS

Does anyone know how the 33% Krill Velox II compares with the 33% Katana for IMAC? I like the looks of the Velox and the fact that it seems a good match for a DA-85 at 22 lbs. If I read the Krill site correctly, it looks like the 33% Katana may need a DA-100 due to its weight of 26 lbs. Nonetheless, I'd prefer to get which ever is better suited to IMAC flying.

Tony
Tony... I've owed both. Not sure an 85 cc would work. The altitude you fly at will make a differance. Either models will be awsume for IMAC. They build light, There is a little work work to a Krill than a stick plane but I think it is worth it.
I put DA 100's in both because we fly at 6000 ft. above sea level.
Greg
Old 12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg,

Any insight you can give me as to how the Velox and Katana compare, both from quality standpoint as well as IMAC-type flight characteristics. I like precise planes with low coupling and good yaw stability. Also, I'm at sea level so if the Velox really builds out at 22 lbs, I would think the DA-85 ought to haul it around with authority. The Krill website is not the clearest so its a little hard to be sure but it looked like the Katana was several pounds heavier than the Velox. Is that what you found?

Thanks, Tony
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Roadster

Tony.. The Velox is a smaller air plane than the Katana. Sitting next to each other it is very noticeable. Both planes flew the same, same amounts of coupling ect. I still have two of the Katanas. It would be my first choice. But in no way would I try to talk you out of the Velox. If you are dead set on a 85cc do not get the Katana. It is to big. I hope this helps, keep asking question. It will really help you make the right decision. Either way you are on the right path with the Krills.
Greg
Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

I have both comp arfs and the krill the krill is a much better kit and comes with more for your money. Both fly very well the krill kit is just much better quality I'm not saying the comp arf is bad, just that the krill is better. Just my .02
Hello cygnet
Do you have a contact for Krill in Canada or USA?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
cygnet

Sorry no I just ordered mine from Europe worked out great came right to Calgary and they paid the freight
Old 03-20-2008, 11:46 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Scoubidou

Hello cygnet
Do you have a contact for Krill in Canada or USA?
Skyline Aviation is the contact for Krill in North America. http://www.skylineaviationonline.com/
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Solo
My Feedback: (63)

Hi,
I have both a Yak Comp Arf and a Krill Velox. Building wise, the Comp Arf is a little easier to put together since items are clearly marked. If you have experience, both planes will be straight forward to build. The Krill comes with 300 pictures on a cd that you should study before assembly. Landing gear on a Krill is much better than a Comp Arf. Fire wall and tail assembly is better on a Comp Arf. The Krill is lighter and takes a large variety of engines and has space for them. If you are running cans, the Comp Arf is better since they run on the outside which I like.