Lanier 300S 33%

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Lanier 300S 33%

Old 08-05-2003, 04:14 PM
jimhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier 300S 33%

I have a 33% 300s made by Lanier and i was wondering if any of you readers had anything good/bad to say about this airplane and its potential for imac flying.Any info would be great.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Erich_F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got one

Hi Jim,

I have one of these great planes, myself. I did not build it, but bought it used from a guy that got me into IMAC. It was built modified for 3D, with many more lightening holes in plywood formers and the box sides. It's got the Fiberglass one piece cowl from Stan's Fiber Tech, and foam core turtle deck and canopy hatch assembly. All these mods are available on the market for around $100. I use the Hangar 9 Extra Wheel pants for their availability, durability, and price.

Also, mods extend into the tail surfaces with the rudder hinge line moved 1.5 inches forward, and elevator hinge line moved 1 inch forward and balance tabs cut from the fixed surfaces. I have a Brison 6.4 twin on the front, and it's capable of unlimited vertical at around 27 pounds (30+ stock weight). With a DA 100 you could expect marked improvement in performance over mine.

You can see pics of mine in my gallery, if you like. At around $280 for the kit, plus $100 in foam and FG parts, you cannot beat this airplane for the 33% market. This plane has won or placed in every contest it's been flown in, to include contests from before I owned it. People ask me what my next project will be...I'm not inclined to fix what aint broken. 5 seasons and counting.

Go For it.

Erich