Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

"virtual Caller"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:43 AM
ceecrb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "virtual Caller"?

Does anyone know of a way to make a "virtual caller", be it iphone app or something that I can record the manouvers to learn and a tap or button press can read it out.... obviously for normal practice days... when necessary I can find a real caller
Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:

You can use what is already installed in your iPhone and the standard earbuds that come with it.

Just use the voice memo software and record what you want, then, using the standard earbuds that come with the iphone, use the button on them to start and stop the recording.

I am currently developing an IMAC app so that you do not have to go to the website to find certain info and this sounds like a great idea to add to that app
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 AM
ceecrb1

Default RE: RE:

To me what it needs is that you just tap the sceen anywhere and it will read the next manouver.
This way it can be on your belt in a holder and you jsut reach down quickly.. give it a quick tap and hands back on the sticks.

be like a "powerpoint" mode.. once it reaches the end, goes back to the menu etc..

I´m looking for the option to read out manouvers one by one.. when I want, with the easiest way of launching the next move as possible.. even voice activated would be great.. but unreliable over plane and wind noise.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
bubbagates

to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing like what you are looking for but the app store for apple is HUGE so there may be something there. I will look into your suggestions for the app I am creating.

I have started a thread on the IMAC website looking for suggestions. I would ask that you add any suggestions over there so that I can track them easier
Old 11-19-2010, 08:41 AM
ceecrb1

Default RE:

i´m also looking into altering the shake to shuffle.. to shake to NEXT track...
then the tracks can be mp3´s with the message then a long silence...
Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
aussiesteve

I have heard it can be done with the "Yakety Yak" software. I don't know much about it but a couple of the guys here use it.

The 14MZ plays back sounds. By flicking the trainer switch it moves to the next manuever - I only learnt about that trick last weekend when a friend showed me his setup, I have yet to copy the setup onto mine!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Two years ago I built a "caller" system that uses a Sony voice recorder. Have been using it for IMAC contest and practice. I have a recorder attached with velcro to my transmitter tray. The recorder playback is activated by a push button by my left pinkey. There are four folders on the recorder so I use one for R to L, one for L to R and use aznother one for recording the Unknown manuvers at a contest. I am currently working on a magazine construction article which should be published in 2011.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sq47997.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	1536233   Click image for larger version

Name:	gd93560.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1536234  
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE:

I hope the magazine isn't MA. It would be 2012 before we ever see it.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM
BullardRM

I have not had any bad experiences with MA. I can't say the same for some others that agreed to publish at an agreed upon price, then would not pay or take phone call after the artice was publishe. MA also has the most circulation since RCM went under. It ain't a perfect world.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Kregan on here bought a cheap mp3 player and modified it with a simple switch that was attached to the transmitter. Simply tap your finger and the next manuever is heard in your earbud. Uses a free application on your computer- you type in what you want to hear and it produces a .wav file that you convert to .mp3 for each manuever in the voice of your choice. Slick and inexpensive- exactly what you are looking for.

Here is a post about it with some pics and info:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4604129

Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
BullardRM

With my system I have the capability of backing up. There is a toggle switch that controls the direction of play. This is usefull whn you are practicing and need to replay the call. The recorder can be unplugged, which helps during the inital recording process.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:08 PM
bubbagates

I jsut uploaded the first version of the IAMC application to the iTunes App store. It normally takes 7 days to for the approval process but they are saying that as of 12/23/10, no apps will be approved until they come back to work on 1/2/2011 So I expect the application to be available sometime in the middle of January

Here is a screen shot of the opening page. This is a "Lite" version and what you see is what you can do. I am working and almost done with a much more detailed version which includes voice recording (already done and working) but do not expect it to be completed until the end of January. The Lite version will be a free version and once it has been approved there will be a link on the home page of the main IMAC site

The voice recording has the ability if you are using the earbuds that come with an iPhone (since they have a microphone) to have total control over recording what you want to say and speaking simple commands you will be able to stop, play, continue (when you pause) pause, last (goes to the last thing played)and maybe a few more commands.

Yes, I know the screen shot is of the iPhone 4 but the app runs on all Apple mobile devices, including the iPad

Name:	Sq46166.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1537063  
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
bubbagates

OK, the IMAC Lite application is now on the Apple App store

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imac-...411353674?mt=8

I know there is a spelling error and the changes have been submitted as well as an update that supports the iPad in high resolution

Both the changes for the spelling errors and the update will not be posted until after 12/28/2010 since the App store is not accepting any changes between Dec 24 and Dec 28

The version is a LITE version and only includes access to the main IMAC website, the most current AMA rules, the current IMAC guidelines and all knowns and the Alternates.

I expect to have the full version done in about another month with voice control and a lot of other goodies
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
rcflyer48
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing the sony recorder in your picture I bought the 50 buck version to do the same thing.
Unfortunately the better Sony recorder has microscopic forward and back switches with no exposed pc board trace points to solder anything to.
So $50 down the drain. Will try another cheap mp3 player to hopefully find something to solder a remote advance switch to.

Not a happy camper.
Really want a working virtual caller to help my practice.
Arrrgggg.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

rcflyer48 >

I bought this voice sequencer in the 90's I think and don't use it anymore.
If you like, I'll trade you for your Sony.
It activates with a finger button or a foot switch with a 20 second capacity.
When I was flying pattern I made 20 seconds last a long time.
It doesn't reverse though.

Anyway, just throwin it out there...

Name:	Db85193.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1554958