Texoma RC Modelers 7th Annual IMAC Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texoma RC Modelers 7th Annual IMAC Challenge

All,
The Abilene and Kingsbury IMAC competitions have both turned out great, IMAC is alive and well in Texas.

Texoma RC Modelers is hosting their 7th Annual IMAC Challenge. For those of you have been there in the years past, there are a few changes this year. New CD, me...and Strong Sponsorship with a multitude of Pilot Prizes . Wally Pitts should be there for a judging seminar on Saturday AM. The Club is supporting the event well this year and it should go as smooth or smoother than ever. Let me know if you plan to attend. the flier, hotel info, etc can be seen at

http://members.tripod.com/texomarc/id36.htm

here is the map

http://members.tripod.com/texomarc/id23.htm

here are the sponsors

http://members.tripod.com/texomarc/id37.htm

Hope to see you all there, this is going to be a great event

Good luck to all at Little Rock and Kansas State,

Thanks

Dan Powell
Texoma RC Modelers
7th Annual IMAC Challenge
Contest Director
Old 08-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Duane Cox

Dan,

I will be attending and flying Sportsman. I should arrive on Friday and offer to help out in anyway needed.

I would suggest in maybe trying to get people to preregister. It would save time for both the CD and pilot on Saturday morning if you already had pilot information on file.

Take Care
Duane
Old 08-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Dangerous Dan

Duane,
Sounds good. Our Club Seceratary will be stayion overnight friday and Saturday night in an RV. So pilots can feel secure leaving their trailors at the field. I will open the field early Friday, The pilots taht show up on Friday can pre register. I look forward to seeeing you there

Dan
Old 08-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Fred
My Feedback: (21)

Default Attending

Hi Mr Powell
Cliff and I are going to be there,, ,,
Old 08-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Duane Cox

We are going to have to watch the Dumas Boys. They take all of the 1st Place trophys.

Maybe with Cliff spending three weeks in the mountains on the golf course and away from the air field, I may have a chance.

Fred, your not that far from the Kansas contest, what about making that one the week before Texoma?

Take Care
Duane
Old 08-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Fred

Default Work

Hi Duane
I have a work thing keeping me from going to Kansas,,
I have been practicing Sportsman,,while Cliff is gone I may move up for Texhoma,But I can only make Odessa for my last one for the year,,,so a move this late in the year would'nt help me much I dont think ,,See you at Texhoma..
Fred
Old 08-11-2003, 07:46 PM
bdawg50

Fred,

Did you get your reciever problem solved ??

A. Smith
Old 08-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Duane Cox

Yes I think I have it solved.

I moved the throttle servos back to the middle of the planes. I ground tested both birds with engine running and I could get 100 paces before the receiver would go into fail safe (intermittently).

Another key factor is that I make sure I have the fail safe control surfaces set to neutral instead of Full Throw :stupid:

MY BAD, I wrote before reading, I thought you were asking me about the reciever problems, now I see you was asking Fred.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Fred

Default Hi Allen

Yep ,,Got it fixed,,I found a bad connection ,,are you going to Texhoma ?,,BTW thanks for calling for me at my first flight and first IMAC event
Old 08-12-2003, 06:21 PM
bdawg50

Yes I always like calling for the guy that's going to beat me! Now that I think about it, everyone I call for gets first place. Duane, Bob, Fred,.......... I'm starting to see the picture here. I don't know if I'm going to Sherman. The way you and Cliff are snagging all the trophies I don't see the point
All kidding aside I will probably try to make it if this job thing doesn't get in the way.

Allan
Old 08-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Dangerous Dan

All,
The Texoma RC 7th Annual IMAC is just around the corner. The sponsorship is strong. There is going to be a lot of happy pilots, sponsored items will be given away in a pilots drawing on Sunday. goto http://www.texomarc.com for a map, flier and list of sponsors.

Here is two of the bigger items that will be GIVEN away

Performance products

IMAC Package, 3 Li packs, 3 regulators, 1 amp load, three output AC/DC charger.....10'sto Kevin Kobble at performance

Hitec RCD

4 HS 5945 servos(6.0v .13sec, 180 torque) as well as caps etc...10's to Mike Mayburry at Hitec

Lots of other items, hope to see you all there

Dan Powell
Contest Director
TRC 7th annual IMAC
Old 08-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Dangerous Dan

All,
Everything is in line for this contest. I was a little scared earlier in the week at the forcast. The current forcast looks great, cool with only 30% chance of scatterd thunderstorms. Here is the forcast

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

In adition to the items mentioned earlier airtronics sent:

Airtronics RD8000 8-Channel FM/4 94322Z Servos

one lucky pilot will walk away with this 8 challel computer radio.

My office is full of pilot prizes.

The flier, map, can be found at

http://www.texomarc.com

feel free to call if you have any questions, the feedback so far looks good for a good turnout, there have been pilots at the field all week practicing. There will be security at the field on Friday and Saturday, so you can leave your canopy and trailors there without having to haul them back and forth.

Good luck to all and hope to see you there

Dan Powell
Texima RC 7th Annual IMAC Challenge
Contest director
972-965-8309
[email protected]
Old 09-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Dangerous Dan

Default Results

I would like to thank all who attender the &th annual Texoma IMAC, here is the contest report and results

The 7th Annual Texoma IMAC Challenge, got off to a great start. There were 27 registered Pilots in all classes. 14 Pilots showed up on practice day. There was security at the field both Friday and Saturday night so the pilots were able to leave their tailors at the field. Registration commenced at 7:00am, an informative pilots meeting was held, followed by an in depth and informative judging seminar from Wally Pitts SC Regional Director. Wally educated all on the finer points of judging, which set the tone for the event. As an added bonus Dr. Sandy Frank, AMA District VIII, Vice-President, paid a visit on Saturday.

Texoma RC has a great field, which the club has had for over 30 years. Noise and over-flight is not an issue. There are some power lines at the North end of the field. Due to the size of the field these lines are not that big of an issue for most pilots. The club is working hard to raise the funds to bury these power lines.

Our field is an afternoon field, with the runway running north and south, and pilots facing the east. Normally we would had to offset the flight line to avoid the big yellow ball in the sky, but fortunately it was overcast and cool so flying got started at 9:00am on Saturday. This morning blessing became an afternoon curse, there were dark clouds all around us, and finally around 1:00pm we had to give in to mother nature for about one and a half hours. The weather cleared and around 2:30 we started flying again. Due to pending lightning we called it a day around 4:00pm. Luckily we were able to get in two full rounds for all pilots and a third round for Advanced and Unlimited the first day. There were Severe Thunderstorms North, South, East, and West. I guess that is why they call them SCATTERED thunderstorms. Mother nature wasn’t going to get us.

Sunday was overcast as well, so after a brief pilots meeting and observation of the National Anthem, we were able to commence flying around 9:00 am. We completed unknowns for Sportsman through Unlimited, as well as a third round of known for Basic through intermediate. We enjoyed an impressive aerobatic show from the five pilots that competed in freestyle. Another added treat was an awesome aerobatic performance from Trey Tenhent with the Texas Heat Wave Aerobatic Show Team.

This was an extremely well sponsored event each pilot went home with at least their entry fee in prizes, and many pilots went home with much more. Many thanks too all the sponsors. Sponsor contact information can be found at the club website: http://www.texomarc.com

Our club, Texoma RC has the longest running IMAC in SC region, the first 6 years the CD for this event was Wyatt Spurgin. I volunteered to continue the tradition and CD the 7th Annual event. It was a tough act to follow. This was my first event ever to CD and I must say it was well worth the countless hours of preparations. I could not have done it without help from the Club, Pilots, and Volunteers. Special thanks to Ben Sly and Skip Paxton for running the impound, Charley Thomas for printing the awards and doing the unthankful task of Score keeper, Paul Fulenchek and Gil Dodson for keeping the flight lines going, and Ray Sledge for taking care of all the little details such as water food breakfast etc… There are many more, who helped as scribes, with setup, and preparation, special thanks to all.

The club would like to thank all who attended. They enjoyed the event as much as the participants and look forward to having everyone back for the 8th Annual Texoma IMAC Challenge.

Dan Powell
Contest Director
Texoma RC Modelers 7th Annual IMAC Challenge
[email protected]

RESULTS
Basic
1…..Keith McDonald…………….4000
2…..Fred Sweet…………………..3935.9
3…..Brady Jacobson……………...3435
4…..Eddie Bernaldez……………..3100.7
5…..Denny Melancon…………….2835.9
6…..John Crisp……………………2431.4
7…..Carl Rowland III……………..2031.2
8…..Paul Schoggin………………..1034.7
9…..Dan Powell…………………...0000
10…Todd L. Jardee…………….….0000

Sportsman
1…..Duane Cox……………………4966
2…..Allen Smith…………………...4846.4
3…..Clint Duewall…………………4839
4…..Cliff Town……………………4656.8
5…..Mike Schoggin………………..4492.1
6…..Ross Franz……………………4436.2
7…..Tom Burndrett………………..4403.3
8…..Boby L Folsom……………....2972.7
9….Tom Faucett…………………..1224.1

Intermediate
1….Rudy Voldrich…………………4998.7
2….Seth McDaniel…………………4933.1
3….Milo Ruch……………………...4704.9
4….Jim Terrell……………………...3762

Advanced
1….Mike Donovan………………….5000
2….Mark Garza……………………..4783.1

Unlimited
1….Todd Blose…………………..5000
2….John Durant………………….4316.9

Freestyle
1…..Todd Blose
2…..Rudy Voldrich
3…..Clint Duewall
4…..Brady Jacobson
5…..Carl Rowland III
Old 09-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Dangerous Dan

Default all pilots

all pilots
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	106758_11575.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	56996  
Old 09-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Dangerous Dan

Default flag

flag

Name:	106760_11575.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	56997  
Old 09-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Dangerous Dan

Default overview

overview

Name:	106762_11575.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	56998  
Old 09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Dangerous Dan

Default impound

What Rain? Who's on Deck? Where is my Diet Coke?.......................................LOL

Sometimes you gotta laugh at yourself

Name:	106763_11575.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	56999  
Old 09-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Fred

Default Great Contest

I would like to thank Dan Powell & the Texhoma R/C Club for a job well done ,, The pepole who missed this event realy missed a great event,,it was well run . and thanks to all the sponsors who chipped in ,,I had alot of fun at this event and met some realy nice pepole, Hope to see you all at Odessa,,
Fred
Old 09-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Keith Mc
My Feedback: (2)

Default Great Job to everyone!!!!

I'll have to second that Fred,,,

The seventh annual Texoma Imac was very well run by all involved. With special thanks to CD Dan Powell.

The sponsorship was outstanding to say the least, and the field was in great condition.

I would also like to thank Cliff Town and Fred Sweet for keeping my airplane dry and charged up in their trailer, both nights!!

For those of you that stayed around Saturday night after the rain stopped (and you know who you are) Good people,Good times!

Count me in for next year......

Keith McDonald
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Default Texoma

I also want to Thanks the guys of Texoma for putting on a great show. This was my first competition since the 80's but now it won't be my last.

Thanks Again

Eddie Bernaldez or should I say Benandez (Dan)
Old 09-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Dangerous Dan

I must say to all you are welcome

Hopefully you had as much fun as I did

I wished I could have staied longer saturday night, but I had some family obligations

Eddie dont feel bad the first flight order sheet had Bobby L Folsom listed as Bobby L Fol which I fronounced "Bobby L Fool in the ready boy", he was even quicker than you to correct me

What do you guys think of the contest report, It is a copy of what I submitted for RC Excellence magizine and the IMAC website

I hope to see you all next year
Old 09-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Fred

Default Report

Looked good to me,,
Old 09-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Yak_54_flyer