Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: DA50 Props

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DA50 Props

I'm putting together an PAU 30% Edge and this will be my first gas engine Know what the mfgr. suggest, but would like some pratical sugestions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DA50 Props

muffler 22 x 8 can or pipe 23 x 8 or 23A
    smooth as silk!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have run a DLE-55 on a Wildhare 30% Edge and now on a WH 30% Slick 540 and my standard prop on both airframes has been the Xoar 23x8 laminate (less flex than standard wood). I recently loaned a standard wood 23x8 Xoar to a buddy with a DA-50 equipped Yak ~28% craft who had been running a 22x8 (off brand) wood and he was more satisfied with the Xoar from the standpoint of less noise and a bit more pull with slightly less high end (rarely is speed very desirable in these aerobatics). Long story short, I would try the 23x8... I think most would prefer is over the 22x8 or 22x10 in the same manfacturer line.

One interesting test I did was to swap a buddy (temporarily) for his Mejzlik 23x8. He ran my Xoar 23x8 laminate on his DA-50. I ran his on my DLE-55. His Mejzlik was slightly but noticably quieter on my airplane but also slightly less pull. The Mejzlik is a $70 prop versus my Xoar at $30 so it's tough for me to justify the difference in cost... The Mejzlik is nice but $40 nicer?? He noticed the increased pull on his airplane as well but again it was slight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the input guys

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jsallade

I have run a DLE-55 on a Wildhare 30% Edge and now on a WH 30% Slick 540 and my standard prop on both airframes has been the Xoar 23x8 laminate (less flex than standard wood). I recently loaned a standard wood 23x8 Xoar to a buddy with a DA-50 equipped Yak ~28% craft who had been running a 22x8 (off brand) wood and he was more satisfied with the Xoar from the standpoint of less noise and a bit more pull with slightly less high end (rarely is speed very desirable in these aerobatics). Long story short, I would try the 23x8... I think most would prefer is over the 22x8 or 22x10 in the same manfacturer line.

One interesting test I did was to swap a buddy (temporarily) for his Mejzlik 23x8. He ran my Xoar 23x8 laminate on his DA-50. I ran his on my DLE-55. His Mejzlik was slightly but noticably quieter on my airplane but also slightly less pull. The Mejzlik is a $70 prop versus my Xoar at $30 so it's tough for me to justify the difference in cost... The Mejzlik is nice but $40 nicer?? He noticed the increased pull on his airplane as well but again it was slight.
    Just got my DLE55 running after some mods to reduce weight. I have mine piped (ES Composites, 50G pipe, with the standard RTC header from DA). Running avgas at 50:1 gas-oil mix, Bel Ray MC1 racing oil
    Prop is 22 1/4 x 12 MDK hybrid that I make

Very strong running set-up. The test bed I have it mounted in (light at less than 13 pounds) is a good placed to get some running right now before the snow flies
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I flew with a 50cc airframe. I always used a Mezjlik 23x8.

consistent.. quiet, plenty of pull
    Extreme Flight RC tech support
    IMAC Vice President|IMAC Sequence Committee|IMAC National Judging Instructor|Team Futaba|Extreme Flight R/C|2014 IMAC World Championships Contest Director