Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

My 12 year old is kicking my butt and starting to get pretty good.

Community
Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

My 12 year old is kicking my butt and starting to get pretty good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Taxus812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 12 year old is kicking my butt and starting to get pretty good.

Ok I taught my Son to fly about a year and half ago. He can really fly the pants off me at this point. (I knew that was going to happen when I would thake the buddy box put the plane 10 ft off the ground in an inverted dive and say YOUR AIRPLANE and he didnt crash, we played that game all afternoon)

This year I got him a E-flite Slick 480 to replace his trainer he crashed when I convinced him to enter a quickie race last year. After 5 flights with it, he is flying inverted, solid centerline knife edges, many 3D maneuvers. He is also flying in many wind conditions (that 1 lb plan is hard to fly in 10mph wind, well land anyway ). Really more than just stick banging they are clean planned maneuvers on centerline.

I think it is time to start challenging him.

Here is the rub. He has learning difficulties with a high IQ. He has an increased auditory processing but reduced executive function. What that means is he cant picture new things in his head by reading it from a paper but has a large vocabulary.

I need to figure out how to introduce him to actual flying routines and structured maneuvers without boring him (or overwhelming him).

How can I introduce him to structured aerobatics ?
are there any ease into tricks ?

Open for IDEAS and thoughts.

Last edited by Taxus812; 05-17-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:58 PM
PepsiMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try going over the IMAC basic aresti with a stick airplane for starters. Also, there are videos on YouTube which show the aresti just before the maneuver is flown. At the flying field, start off with one maneuver at a time, don't rush it. Good Luck to you both!