IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

YT International Adrenaline 120

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Jame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YT International Adrenaline 120

Hi,

Please can anyone shed some light on the nasty habits my YT Adrenaline seems to have picked up, I built it around 3 weeks ago and put the CG at the standard measurement in the Manual with an OS120AX fitted, I found I needed over 1 pound of lead in the front, my first thoughts were that this was alot of weight to add to a relatively light plane, after flying the plane, I found it to be massively nose heavy, just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same problem with the YT Recommended setup and could maybe offer me a different CG position or Setup suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jame
Old 07-31-2011, 11:29 AM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: YT International Adrenaline 120

Have you set your CofG according to YT's addendum that recommends 140mm from the leading edge and no more than 145mm.

Mine (the composite fus model) has two 4 cell subC packs right behind the engine in front of the bulkhead to get the CofG right.
At least better than lead, at 140mm I'm quite happy with the balance of the drenny.

Rob
Old 05-02-2016, 11:59 AM
steveair2

Hi there
I know this is an old thread but I have just finished one of these and I am having the same problem.
110 fitted up front and I will need to add a lot of lead to get the correct COG.
May I ask if you found a solution in the end?
Cheers
Steve.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:01 AM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Only just spotted this, hopefully not too late.
The only way is to add weight however you can to get to the recommended c of g.

Rob
Old 05-11-2016, 11:40 PM
steveair2

Hi Rob
Thanks for the Reply.
I had to add a pound of lead to the nose!!!! 450 grams to be exact, I still have to fly it so I hope that's enough. I mounted my servos down at the tailend as recommended in a review but thi probably compounded the problem. I was hoping this would be my first real 3D model but with that amount of weight up front I am not too sure.
Thanks again
Steve.