best and strongest 40 size aerobatic ARF

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

best and strongest 40 size aerobatic ARF

Old 08-17-2003, 12:43 PM
TommyNad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best and strongest 40 size aerobatic ARF

I am looking for the STRONGEST built 40 size VERY aerobatic ARF I can get my hands on. I need something that can take a full SPEED snap roll without falling apart. I am very hard on planes and this thing has to be able to do every stunt in the book..... any suggestions?

Thanks
TN
Old 08-17-2003, 01:50 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

I dont know if you will find such an airplane. Generally speaking something that is light and 3D will be able to do all of the hovering, waterfalls, blenders, harriers, etc. but these are all done at low speeds. If you want something that will do a snap roll with full power in a dive then they will fall apart. Even big well bult 40% high performace airplanes dont like the stress of a power on dive. I hate to tell you this but "strongest built" many times means weight and the increase of wing load. I think that a small cap or well built extra could take the abuse but they wont do EVERY stunt in the book. Generally speaking if you find an extra of this size that will take super high stress then it will be heavy and wont 3D well. I think its better off for you to learn throttle managment. Years ago I would have never said this, I was always a full throttle balls to the wall snap roll type of guy. I had a staudacher that would fit the bill but as far as 3D goes it sucked!! I then learned that it takes a lot more talent to fly, as opposed to burning holes in the sky. Since then I have learned every trick in the book. I honestly dont know if there is a single thing out there that I cant do (given some are sloppy but I work on that 3 - 4 times a week). You cant do every trick in the book at full throttle, when you start to understand aerobatics you will understand that the left stick (both rudder and especially throttle play a huge roll).
Old 08-17-2003, 11:26 PM
40%plane
My Feedback: (1)

I would agree with the last post. However the Kyosho cap232 done in the brietling scheme is good for what you want. I have a saito 91 on mine and it is awsome. I can do anything at slow speeds and yet fly it at full throttle and snap roll it with no problem. The only thing i did to it was put some tail brace rods on the bottom of the stab because I was afraid that eventually I would break it.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: best and strongest 40 size aerobatic ARF

Originally posted by TommyNad
I am looking for the STRONGEST built 40 size VERY aerobatic ARF I can get my hands on. I need something that can take a full SPEED snap roll without falling apart. I am very hard on planes and this thing has to be able to do every stunt in the book..... any suggestions?

Thanks
TN
The VMar Extra 300 would fit that bill, as long as you're not looking for 3D. Very fast and agile with a 40 FP, faster with a 46 FX, just as agile. Great snaps, smooth 4-point rolls, rolling circles, etc. Cheap but sturdy. I have 300 flights on mine. Two others I know of are being enjoyed quite well.

Another very good choice is the out of production Cermark Sukhoi, only available at DA Hobbies. Needs a 90 two stroke, though. FX works great.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 08-18-2003, 11:05 PM
TommyNad

Thanks for the info..... It's not like I want to do an 100MPH dive into a snap but there are times when you dive hard and pull up vert and snap at the top and kick the rudder and alls.... I lost a plane this weekend snapping at 8 feet over the deck.....
Old 08-24-2003, 12:31 AM
chrischicago

Default graupner cap 232

I would consider taking a look at the Graupner Cap 232 at Hobby-Lobby. This plane is very strong. I put a Os 91 four stroke in mine and it could do anything.
Chris