IMAC scoring at competitions

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

IMAC scoring at competitions

Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Wildstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMAC scoring at competitions

quick question, how do you take care of scoring at IMAC competitons? In New Zealand, the judges note each maneuver on a piece of paper, where some one else types in the values using "score" software, later in the day. Is this typical for other competitons around the world? or is there a easyier way, as the poor sucker behind the laptop can spend alot of time, hitting in numbers from 0 to 10.

Anthony
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: IMAC scoring at competitions

Not sure I understand what you are saying..but yes...
Every contest needs a score keeper....
One of, if not the, most important job there is...
After each pilot (or a couple) a runner brings the score sheets from the judges (that they or their scribe had written down the scores) to the scorekeeper who inputs them in to the software on their laptop or computer....
it is customary to post the scores after each round as well...but this is up to the CD....
We (IMAC) are offering online seminars for Scorekeepers to learn and understand the SCORE! software.
We had our first one last night and I learned a bunch even though I deal with the software on a regular basis.

There are some electronic ideas that are being worked on and thought out... but that is a bit further down the road...

Hope this answers your question

Curtis
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Wildstyle

what you explained is fairly typical practice around the world I guess. what I was trying to say, is there any competitions held, where the judges enter the data once the flight is complete to remove the need for a scorekeeper. It was just a thought I had, that we could have the judges enter values into a "smart device" and have the data later loaded into a score/scoring software. I wondered if this has been tried?
Old 02-23-2012, 04:24 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

it is already in the works!

There are a couple folks working on something like that... but it is still in early development