IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Prop To Slow Down Lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 AM
wannabflyboy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop To Slow Down Lines

I'm running a Bolly 27x10 on a 35% Hanger 9 260 with a DA100 (old version). The combo seems to pull very well on verticals and noise isn't bad at all with throttle management. The only thing I'd like to improve is a little braking on down lines. This thing screams on down lines leaving limited time to complete maneuvers without panicking or rushing. I also have a hard time slowing the thing down to land. It just wants to keep on flying. The only reason I have the Bolly is because it was on the airframe when I bought it.

Does anyone have a suggestion that will give me what I want without sacrificing pulling power? I know a three blade will have some braking effect but from what I understand it be at the expense of vertical pull and I definately can't afford that.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Prop To Slow Down Lines

I would suggest a 26x10S mejzlik.  The scimitar blade is quite wide, and provides decent braling. If you do not mind to run a few rpm less, try the 25x12x3 Xoar lam.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 AM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop To Slow Down Lines

24X10 3 blade seems to help That's why I like Yaks they slow down alot better than the Extra's