Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Snap rolls with gyros?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM
akouzmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap rolls with gyros?

I have couple questions for “snap rolls” experts and the pilots who is using GYROs while performing aerobatics:

1) What if I will setup 3 gyros (like Futaba GYA431/GYA430) on ruder, elevator and as an option on ailerons?

Let’s assume I will bring the plane to “start” position for snap roll (nose up 45 degree) and start applying ONLY ailerons (w/o ruder and elevator).

Question: Will be ruder and elevator gyros do the job to keep plane in a good position to continue snap roll only by applying ailerons input and maintaining throttle input?

2) For snap roll in general => Will be it is better to remove “force generators” from the wing ends in order to easy off snap roll figure for the plane?

Thank you,
Andrei K.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

I don't know why you would post this in the IMAC forum. IMAC pilots do not use gyros to fly any manuevers, firstly, because it would be illegal, secondly, because it would be unethical.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

Great example of the ever-present O.F.S.
(old fart syndrome)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 AM
K-Bob

ORIGINAL: Bozarth

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

(old fart syndrome)
I never said that anyone who answered is a cheater. Please show me where I said that. Use the quote option.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

K-Bob,

Kurt

(old fart syndrome)
I never said that anyone who answered is a cheater. Please show me where I said that. Use the quote option.

Now let's get even sillier: I never said that you "said" anyone who answered is a cheater. I did not quote you. I do not like eggs. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Kurt
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You may want to try posting this in the Radio section. It seems the aerobatics guys are hyper sensitive (big surprise) to offer any ideas they may have, from all of those years practicing to be perfect. Gyro is a bad word in this area of the website. Kind of like starting a thread about putting a swastika on your warbird. Unfortunately, you must choose your words wisely depending on where you are in the website.
I would love to offer any experience I have, but I do not have any experience with gyros either. I am sure you will find some answers though. Just not here.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

I'd imagine that a computer mix could shut off the gyro or turn the gain down when the snap roll switch is flipped?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

K-Bob,

Kurt

(old fart syndrome)

Now let's get even sillier: I never said that you ''said'' anyone who answered is a cheater. I did not quote you. I do not like eggs. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Kurt
LMAO
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: akouzmit

I have couple questions for “snap rolls” experts and the pilots who is using GYROs while performing aerobatics:

1) What if I will setup 3 gyros (like Futaba GYA431/GYA430) on ruder, elevator and as an option on ailerons?

Let’s assume I will bring the plane to “start” position for snap roll (nose up 45 degree) and start applying ONLY ailerons (w/o ruder and elevator).

Question: Will be ruder and elevator gyros do the job to keep plane in a good position to continue snap roll only by applying ailerons input and maintaining throttle input?

2) For snap roll in general => Will be it is better to remove “force generators” from the wing ends in order to easy off snap roll figure for the plane?

Thank you,
Andrei K.

No, without pilot input the rudder and elevator gyros would command those surfaces to hold the airplane's pitch and yaw where it's at, and not allow the plane to autorotate during the snap.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

test