IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Snap rolls with gyros?

Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 AM
  #1
akouzmit
Thread Starter
 
akouzmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posts: 164
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Snap rolls with gyros?

I have couple questions for “snap rolls” experts and the pilots who is using GYROs while performing aerobatics:

1) What if I will setup 3 gyros (like Futaba GYA431/GYA430) on ruder, elevator and as an option on ailerons?

Let’s assume I will bring the plane to “start” position for snap roll (nose up 45 degree) and start applying ONLY ailerons (w/o ruder and elevator).

Question: Will be ruder and elevator gyros do the job to keep plane in a good position to continue snap roll only by applying ailerons input and maintaining throttle input?


2) For snap roll in general => Will be it is better to remove “force generators” from the wing ends in order to easy off snap roll figure for the plane?

Thank you,
Andrei K.

akouzmit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #2
K-Bob
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anytown
Posts: 1,287
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

I don't know why you would post this in the IMAC forum. IMAC pilots do not use gyros to fly any manuevers, firstly, because it would be illegal, secondly, because it would be unethical.
K-Bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM
  #3
Bozarth
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 1,283
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

Great example of the ever-present O.F.S.
(old fart syndrome)
Bozarth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 AM
  #4
K-Bob
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anytown
Posts: 1,287
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bozarth

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

Great example of the ever-present O.F.S.
(old fart syndrome)
I never said that anyone who answered is a cheater. Please show me where I said that. Use the quote option.

K-Bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  #5
Bozarth
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 1,283
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: K-Bob


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bozarth

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

Great example of the ever-present O.F.S.
(old fart syndrome)
I never said that anyone who answered is a cheater. Please show me where I said that. Use the quote option.

Now let's get even sillier: I never said that you "said" anyone who answered is a cheater. I did not quote you. I do not like eggs. I do not like green eggs and ham.


Kurt
Bozarth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
  #6
vertical grimmace
 
vertical grimmace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ft collins , CO
Posts: 7,156
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

You may want to try posting this in the Radio section. It seems the aerobatics guys are hyper sensitive (big surprise) to offer any ideas they may have, from all of those years practicing to be perfect. Gyro is a bad word in this area of the website. Kind of like starting a thread about putting a swastika on your warbird. Unfortunately, you must choose your words wisely depending on where you are in the website.
I would love to offer any experience I have, but I do not have any experience with gyros either. I am sure you will find some answers though. Just not here.
vertical grimmace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
  #7
cmoore806
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Village, OH
Posts: 267
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

I'd imagine that a computer mix could shut off the gyro or turn the gain down when the snap roll switch is flipped?
cmoore806 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
  #8
basimpsn
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mia, FL
Posts: 2,503
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bozarth


Quote:
ORIGINAL: K-Bob


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Bozarth

K-Bob,

Nothing wrong with asking or answering. It doesn't mean anyone is competing illegally or being unethical. I have seen many people want to know how to modify their motors to get more speed and ask pylon racers how to do it. It doesn't mean those that answer are cheaters. Silly. You over reacted.

Kurt

Great example of the ever-present O.F.S.
(old fart syndrome)
I never said that anyone who answered is a cheater. Please show me where I said that. Use the quote option.

Now let's get even sillier: I never said that you ''said'' anyone who answered is a cheater. I did not quote you. I do not like eggs. I do not like green eggs and ham.


Kurt
LMAO
basimpsn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
  #9
Flyfalcons
 
Flyfalcons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 6,544
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Snap rolls with gyros?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: akouzmit

I have couple questions for “snap rolls” experts and the pilots who is using GYROs while performing aerobatics:

1) What if I will setup 3 gyros (like Futaba GYA431/GYA430) on ruder, elevator and as an option on ailerons?

Let’s assume I will bring the plane to “start” position for snap roll (nose up 45 degree) and start applying ONLY ailerons (w/o ruder and elevator).

Question: Will be ruder and elevator gyros do the job to keep plane in a good position to continue snap roll only by applying ailerons input and maintaining throttle input?


2) For snap roll in general => Will be it is better to remove “force generators” from the wing ends in order to easy off snap roll figure for the plane?

Thank you,
Andrei K.

No, without pilot input the rudder and elevator gyros would command those surfaces to hold the airplane's pitch and yaw where it's at, and not allow the plane to autorotate during the snap.
Flyfalcons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 AM
  #10
j.duncker
Moderator
 
j.duncker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sailing in the Eastern Caribbean
Posts: 3,837
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

test
j.duncker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:12 PM.