IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

plane for sportman

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 06:12 AM
robersteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plane for sportman

hi,my name is Norberto

i have an os 60gt and planning to fly sportman during 2015,what do you think itīs better for my,
pilot rc extra 260 or hangar 9 yak 54 carden edition

thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2014, 07:37 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Both are excellent planes. I don't think you'd see a competitive advantage with one over the other.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:47 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I agree with Jester. The key would be to pick one, assemble it immaculately, spend the first 30 flights trimming it and get in lots of productive practice. Trimming is almost a lost art these days. Start with getting the CG set correctly. Both of those airplanes while in knife edge will tuck to the gear badly if the CG is too far back. If CG is correct then the tuck will be very slight. The remaining little bit can be mixed out. Get the ailerons moving EXACTLY the same up and down, left and right then add about 6%-8% differential. Set the throws so you have just enough to get through the sequence. Start off with 30% expo on everything. You may want to set up a snap roll flight mode. You have a positive snap roll at the top of an inside loop. Nail that snap and you will be head and shoulders above your competition.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:31 PM
robersteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys .thanks