Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Giles 202 Builders kit by JTEC/RADIOWAVE

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:35 AM
al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giles 202 Builders kit by JTEC/RADIOWAVE

We thought we would share some photos of the new Radiowave 3.1m Giles 202 that we test flew last week. As many of you know the Giles is the predecessor to the MX2 with the major difference being the straight trailing edge design that the Giles has. Since the two airplanes are so closely related and the fact that I love the G-202 it was only a matter of time before we tackled it.
We are thrilled with how the G-202 flies with no major difference is flight performance and mixing when compared to the MX2. Both planes currently have about 1% rudder to aileron mix.

Specifications:

Wing Span: 123 inches (3.1m)

Wing Area: 2710 sq inches

Fuselage Length: 113 Inches

Engine: 150cc - 220cc

3.1m Giles 202 Builders Kit Features:
  • Interlocking Fuselage Design for self aligning & extremely quick building
  • Includes balsa & hardwood materials needed for construction
  • Premium Fiberglass Cowl & wheel pants
  • Plug In Foam Wings
  • Plug In Foam Stabilizers
  • Foam Vertical Fin & Rudder
  • Designed For Canister Style or Tuned Pipe Exhaust Systems
  • Designed to Accomodate 3 Servos Per Wing
  • Designed to Accomodate 2 Servos Per Elevator Half
  • Built-in Rudder Tray For Pull-Pull Setup
  • Optional Bays for Rudder Servos In The Tail
  • Motor Box with firewall locations for DA-150/170 or DA-200
  • Carbon Fiber Wing Tube & Tail Tube

The kit it available now with the 2.8m version for the DA100/120 to follow shortly

For more info on the Giles or the MX2 you can visit our website at www.jtecrc.com

Images

View all Images in thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 AM
al

we are doing a build thread on several of the other forums (FG & GSN ) If we can figure out a place to do a build thread of RCU we will start posting it here also.

Al
Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM
al

Default JTEC/RADIOWAVE DOMINATES the 2017 Tucson Shootout

Got home from the 2017 Tucson Shootout last week and have been playing catch up in the shop since returning

Jtec Radiowave DOMINATED the shootout and our Team of Rustlers stole the gold!!

First I want to thank Dave Johnson and the total Desert Aircraft crew for the support they put into the Shootout. Without them there would be no Shootout.

Kevin Garland and Brenna first class job and well run. You guys and your support crew were Fantastic. Looking forward to the next one but wait a little time. My butt needs to recover from that 5,000 mile round trip drive toting 7 airplanes.

I can't tell you how proud I am of the total JTEC/RADIOWAVE team, I am still walking on a cloud with the success we had as a team in IMAC

Jason Shulman took first place in Invitational flying our 3.1 Giles 202. Thank you Jason and congratulations.

Aaron " Bones" Garle finished 6th in invitational also flying a 3.1m Giles 202, Congratulations " Bones" !!

Santiago Perez First place Unlimited flying our 3.1m MX2. Santi Congratulations and what a fantastic job on your build, the plane looks awesome!!

Carlos Silvia aka "Tuny Pro" Second place Unlimited. Tuny flew his Ultimate due to the fact he sold his Giles 202 on the test flight the week before the shootout but brought it as the backup. Tuny is the guy that makes all our planes look so good. If you need a plane built give him a call.

Kim Quennette, 6th place Unlimited flying his 3.1 MX2. Kim finished building his plane the Thursday before the shootout started. Not to shabby for only a couple flights going into the event. Great job Kim and thanks !!

Dale Arnold 3rd place Advanced. Dale was hanging right up there until he sheered his prop bolts on his 3.1 MX2 on take off. He quickly landed and borrowed another 3.1 MX2 and won the unknown round with a plane he never had flown before.

Cam Robinson. First place Intermediate, flying 3.1 MX2. One of "Bones'15 year old protegees that came from Australia with him to fly in the shootout. Starting flying the MX2 the Friday before the shootout. Congratulations Cam!!

Flyn Wain second place Intermediate flying a 3.1 MX2 another of Bones' 15 year old protégé. Great flying Flyn. Flyn also only started flying the MX2 the Friday before. Flyn also won the 3.1 MX2 kit we put in for one of the prizes.

Special THANKS to my son Kevin Young and Jerry Hailey. Kevin and Jerry were instrumental in taking the design of Jason and turning it into a easy to build kits and by the results great flying planes.

Kevin's dedication not only to our business but to helping others is priceless. As a father I am very proud.

Kevin and Jason leave this Sunday for Argentina for the pattern Worlds. Kevin, Jason, Andrew Jesky and AC Glenn are representing the USA in pattern along with Joseph Suzur as the jr member.

Thanks to all the competitors for a great Shootout!!

Al