Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: IMAC Bird???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC Bird???

I was wondering if people would laugh at me if I should up at an IMAC event with a 1/4 Gee Bee? I know it will not 3D well but I think it will fly the sequence pretty well Plus it would be very different.

Chris Puckett
    Chris Puckett
    Horizon Hobby
    Product Support

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC Bird???

Some people say why, some people say why not!

Do what you want, just enjoy yourself. People will laugh with you probably!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC plane choices

What would your point be? I would never laugh at a choice made by a fellow modeler. There are countless models that could be flown. The answer is why? To be different? To gain an advantage in scores? To fly what you have? Take a look at the varied models flown at the east coats IMAC opener pictures. This contest was CD'ed by Don Szczur (TOC invitee).

Enjoy! Viva la difference!
    http://www.1nvrc.com/IMAC-FARM-2002.html
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Imac

I looked at the pictures and it is the normal Extra's, Edge's and Caps. I see these at every IMAC event and big Bird event. I am not saying that these planes are not nice as I have them all. I have two Extra's, 2 SU-31's, a Cap, a 202 and an Edge. I was just asking the question. I guess there was no real point to my question I just wanted to see what people would say to a Gee Bee on the flight line of a IMAC event. From what I have read and from what I have heard from Delmar when I talked to him several years ago is that this plane flies like a modified Pitts, but a little bit faster.

Chris Puckett
    Chris Puckett
    Horizon Hobby
    Product Support

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC Bird???

So long as you can fly the sequences, you can do it in a Concord if you want!
    Aircraft Proving Grounds
    http://www.rcaircraft.net/
    Information on the building and flying of Radio Control Aircraft.
    Site for hobbyist in the R.C. Aircraft modeling world.

IMAC Bird???

Yes but only in basic class...you have to have a scale aerobat whne yuou step up to the higher classes. Ideally you could get a nice 2x2 pattern plane and wipe out all competition in the basic class...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC Bird???

Ideally, IMAC judges would judge any plane for performing a manuever, according to rule book standards.

Real world, pattern planes in IMAC are automatically downgraded for not being "in the mold" and smaller planes are downgraded for simply not being bigger, and faster planes are downgraded for going too fast.

Before someone blasts me, I have seen this, have been told this, and simply happens. However, most is not an intentional thing, but more subconscious. We are human after all.

Last year, a nice guy in Basic flew a cub. I would fly anything in Basic, and if you wish to be a little different, research the list of planes that have competed in aerobatics. There are a large number, and some a fairly unique.

Ed
    Pattern or IMAC, loops should be round, lines should be straight, and either props can send you to the hospital!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gee Bee

I know that you can fly anything in basic but since the real Gee Bee flys aerobatics at many airshows then it should not be a mark down at all. As far as getting marked down for speed this should not happen if that is how it really flys. IMAC is to be a smaller version of IAC. I think I might just try the Gee Bee at IMAC next year. I have plenty of IMAC birds to fly this year and am not in any real hurry to get this plane done.

Chris Puckett
    Chris Puckett
    Horizon Hobby
    Product Support

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMAC Bird???

It would certainly be nice to see something different . . . but I think there is something in the rules about using a plane that has been used in IAC competition. Of course this only matters if you plan to fly above basic. Check with the CD it is ultimately their decision. Always loved that big flying milk jug.
    Anthony Romano
    Team Airtronics, Team Castle Creations
    Wrong rudder is the most powerful force in the universe.