Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Reading Aresti

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 02:04 PM
kgarvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading Aresti

I have a question regarding the 2004 Basic sequence. I know that the aresti diagrams show an entry/exit offset for clarity (diagrammatically, the exit line doesn't overlap the entry line in the diagram, even though the exit line and entry lines should be the same altitude.) However, the stall turn has an exit point about 1/2 way down the upline. Likewise, the next maneuver (humpty bump) has an entry line about 1/2 way up the final down line. Also the 1/2 roll in the humpty bump is diagrammed below the entry point, which should be about the right place for the roll since it should appear 1/2 way along the down line. My question is, how do we execute these two maneuvers, the way they are diagrammed, or should we assume that the entry and exit points are all the same altitude and the diagrams are different just for clarity?
Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Reading Aresti

If I am not mistaken the Judging guide says these lines do not have to be equal in lenght. (However if there is something on the line like a roll that must be centered, but that is sportsman).

Now, That said I would try to make them equal. Why? Looks nicer, and the human who gives you your points will be more likely to subconsiously bost your score.

Rob
Old 01-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Stratos
My Feedback: (4)

All answers to your questions are in the F&J guide at:
http://www.mini-iac.com/pages/rules/...dgingGuide.pdf

In short, for the hamerhead exit and entry altitude don't need to be the same.
Only the radious of the entry and exit part(1/4) loop needs to be the same.

On the humpty, altitude doesn't have to be the same either.
But the half roll needs to be centered on the downline.

I beleive if you read the F&JG a couple of times and then a few more after that
you'be able to recognize what the aresti means better. That was the way I learned
and still learning.

Rob,

How is the extra coming?

Take care,

Stratos.-
Old 01-12-2004, 03:01 PM
kgarvey

For example: The first maneuver is an inside loop. Let's say the entry and exit points for the loop are the established base line, or deck. The second maneuver is the hammerhead. The chart illustrates an exit point about 1/2 way down the vertical upline. This appears to be confirmed by the entry point of the third maneuver. So, do you recommend exiting the hammerhead at deck level, or at the midway point as shown in the chart?
Old 01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Stratos
My Feedback: (4)

You can't read aresti like that because sooner or later you'll walk into trouble.
You have to recognize at some point that sometimes the figures are printed in
a way that will make it easier to put them on the piece of paper.

What you have to do is read the aresti, recognize the figure and read
the F&JG and see how it needs to be flown in a sequence.

In this case the hammerhead shows the exit point midway the upline but that doesn't mean anything.
You can fly it like that and there will be no deduction for it but you don't have to.
Take a look at the sportsman sequence figure #2. Almost the same figure but there is a roll
on the downline. How do I know it's on the downline and not the upline? And even though
it looks like it's on the bottom of the downline it still needs to be centered.

To answer your question, I would exit the hammerhead around the same level as the entry.
Only because the figure overall will look better and I will be better setup for the next figure.

I hope I'm not confusing you more

Stratos.-