IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Finally got an IMAA plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:09 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got an IMAA plane

I've posted here a couple times I wanted an Extra 2.3 but 799- was a bit out of my budget at present . I just got the 'Great Planes" Patty Wagstaff Extra. ( I know there has been 'several' threads on this one already but would appreciate any suggestions regarding build,control linkages and all that stuff. Thank you-
Old 01-19-2004, 12:16 PM
babino
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got an IMAA plane

I've been flying my 'Patty' for a couple of months now and here is what I have learned:

1. Lighten it up wherever possible
* use a better rudder servo (more torque) and ditch the second one it recommends. Setup a pull-pull system if able. The recommended two servo setup stripped several of my nylon gear servos. I replaced the two with a single Hitec 645mg servo and am happy with the performance.

2. Strengthen the horizontal stab assembly with strategic located epoxy - look for other threads about this and the manual also has some suggestions. And, either join the elevator halves permanently with epoxy or add some foam tape between one side to make it tighter. I have to press on both sides to be able to insert the elevator screws. It adds some stability to the sloppy design.

3. Give it plenty of power. I use a gas powered ZDZ50 and thank myself daily that I didn't go with the 40cc engine that I originally wanted. At higher elevations 40cc just isn't enough.

I love the plane and think that properly setup and with plenty of power there aren't many planes that look and fly as good.

-Dave