IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Which one? DP Extra or GP Extra?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Coolhand-RCU
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one? DP Extra or GP Extra?

Looking at these two airplanes, will be using a Moki 2.10 for power, pros and cons of both of these? Will the 2.10 run with out a regulator? Any info would be great
Old 12-15-2002, 03:58 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

The Moki is a great choice, no regulator needed. I was interested in the DP a year ago, but was unavailable when I NEEDED a plane, so i got a sig Cap.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:56 AM
Coolhand-RCU
Banned

Thanks for the info, asked about the regulator because want to put the tank on the cg. What is the consumption of the moki 2.10 per minute wide open, and what fuel, prop, plug is popular?
Old 12-15-2002, 05:19 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.5 ounces per minute wide open for the 2.1. If you put the tank on the CG use a Perry pump. I am using 10% and an OS#8 plug on my 1.8
Old 12-15-2002, 05:24 AM
Coolhand-RCU
Banned

not familiar with the perry, tap the crankcase? did you have to tweak the pump or plug and play? Do you have to release the pressure after the flight like a YS?
Old 12-15-2002, 06:57 AM
Flyfalcons

They have versions that run off crankcase pressure (tap it) or from vibration. Sorry, I don't know how you set it up because I bought my plane used, but I can say that I haven't had to tune it at all. You don't have to release tank pressure after flying; the pump does not add to the tank pressure.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Coolhand-RCU
Banned

Good deal, i wonder if anyone has the DP Extras around? I also consider the ultimate, I used to have one and it was awesome too, maybe home for a DZ
Old 12-16-2002, 05:42 AM
0tter
My Feedback: (39)

Hey Coolhand. I have the Ultimate with a Saito 1.8. I dont think it's running to its full potential, but others say it is a good combo. I
have a Moki 2.1 and think it would be a bit much for the Ultimate. Maybe the 1.8!

I am waiting on the next batch of the DP extra also, but am getting impatient. Thinking about the GP Wagstaff instead for my 2.1 Same dilemma...
Old 12-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Flyfalcons

As far as IMAC flying is concerned, I'm not sure I'm going to be happy flying my DP Extra. My plane at least has some odd snap characteristics; you have to get just the right amount of rudder, aileron, and elevator to get a really clean snap. If you use too much elevator it does a semi-wall that just does a little rotation. This may be a characteristc of all giant scale aerobats, but I flew a WM Extra with sequence throws set up very close to mine, and all I had to do to get a good snap was just jam the sticks. I'll be putting my DP on a Futaba 9CAP soon, and I will definitely set up the snap switch for that plane. But I really prefer to just jam the sticks.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:04 PM
0tter
My Feedback: (39)

Hey Flyfalcons...

Are flying at the RAMs field? I have a 37% Extra and am considering joining the club. I am flying at Flaming Geyser, but its a small field...
Old 12-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Flyfalcons

Yes I do. You are welcome to come check out the field. In my opinion it is well worth the $150 dues. We have a new runway going in, so you might not be comfortable flying your plane off the infield. However I have flown a H9 1/3 Extra off of it with no problems. Flying space is wide open. Feel free to PM me with any questions.