Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

attention all IAD 30% extra 300 flyers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 03:43 PM
caliber302003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attention all IAD 30% extra 300 flyers

hi guys need some help. i recently bought a second hand lightweight IAD 30% extra 300 the model where the tail comes off. BUT the tail has been stuck on permanent i was just wondering if there is a tongue at the front because i have to carfully cut through where he has joined it. i wouldnt be bothered normally but due to new car i can fit it in and dont want to keep pinching a van from work lol.
cool peice of kit
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 AM
kevinbell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: attention all IAD 30% extra 300 flyers

Did you ever get a reply? Just noticed that is was a long time ago.

I have the same version that I'm still building. As for the tail, it was designed with a flat tong and groove. You should be able to see it from the opening from the wing. Use a torch to look down at the top of the fuz, There's a bulk head and you should see the slot. I would cut into the tail and save the hard wood in the fuz, then you could build up the tail with balsa. Re-cut and glue the tong as it wont be salvageable.

If you don't have the plane or sorted it out then don't worry.

Also if you've flown it.... How is it??? My wing joiner seems a bit flexible, a little concerned that it will flex or break under some mild aerobatics. When I join the wing then bolt it to the plane, have it inverted , then lean on the wings the centre gap opens about 2mm. The kind of load I think would be in a mild climb. What do think?

Kevin