Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Why do you fly IMAC?

For the chicks, dah.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
IanB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and fly PROPERLY any of the IMAC sequences with an experienced IMAC flyer with you telling you your scores and you'll see why.

If you are an excellent pilot and I assume you are you should be trying unlimited or advanced.

Until then continue flopping around the sky like a fish out of water.............
Old 04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Because even the Basic pattern is harder than it looks (to do WELL) and I like a challenge

(but flopping around like a fish is fun sometimes too!)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Tony Fandino
My Feedback: (8)

Why I fly IMAC ?

1. To become a better pilot ...

2. The Competition and performing under presure.

3. The comroderey that exist between pilots that fly IMAC

4. For me its therapy.......

Tony Fandino
Sportsman class
http://tonyandgerry.com
Old 04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

You guys should see Tony fly and you will see a man who is calm, cool and collected.
Watch me and you will see a crack addict looking for a fix!
Tony, you are the man!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Johnny 3D

What's the toughest maneuver you've seen in IMAC?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fly IMAC because the flying makes me a far better pilot than 3D by itself ever would, and the people I have met are all great. There's nothing I'd rather do on a sunny weekend than fly at an IMAC contest with my friends. I have seen many difficult maneuvers and maneuver combinations in IMAC, though surprisingly I remember a half snap roll on an unknown was much more difficult to do well than expected.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
UNLDAVE
My Feedback: (2)

Simply,

Because I Can!!!

Dave
Old 04-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Silent-AV8R

I do it because I love the feeling of crushing my competition like grapes between my toes and sending them home crying for their Mommies. Nothing is sweeter than the sound of another pilot in your class caving into the pressure of being beaten like a red-headed step-child!!![&:]
Old 04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: aresti2004

I do it because I love the feeling of crushing my competition like grapes between my toes and sending them home crying for their Mommies. Nothing is sweeter than the sound of another pilot in your class caving into the pressure of being beaten like a red-headed step-child!!![&:]

Oh yeah, I forgot that part.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Airdoggy

I fly IMAC so the family and I can travel great distances to have fun in a rather remote flying site, spend lots of money, and show off my flying skills by getting thouroughly beat by the competition. All in a two day period!........................Wait a minute.......................Jeez, good question. Heh! Heh!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:48 AM
excelpoint

It teaches me to fly a lot smoother and a hell of a lot more precise.Just being at a comp with all the other guys is sensational.Combine good IMAC flying with good 3D and you have poetry.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:27 AM
3D Joy

A good rolling circle is very hard to do. I never got one down good enough for me and I have been told that my rollers are good...

I fly advanced and tried for fun the 1 roll 360 degree roller from unlimited last year. Take ANY 3D flier that has never flown IMAC and ask him to do that, you will have fun !
Old 04-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I will have to agree, A one roll roller is probably the hardest maneuver to perfect. While most manuevers can be off but look like 10's, that maneuver will show that you are off in so many ways.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

Im with hekter-RCU.
hehehehehehe

But seriously, the guys are great, and the best part is trying to raise you spirts as much as you can at the party on saturday night before the unknowns bring you down sunday morning.

fli4fun
Old 04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Andy540T
My Feedback: (9)

And don't forget the celebratory after party on Sunday.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Johnny 3D

Would you consider a one roll roller more difficult than alternating from right to left rolling harriers 2 feet off the deck?
Old 04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Johnny 3D

Would you consider a one roll roller more difficult than alternating from right to left rolling harriers 2 feet off the deck?
Since I cannot resist trolls, here's why:

1 - Rollling harriers are not judged, they are merely done.

2 - Altitude has nothing to do with difficulty.

3 - Flying in front of a critical set of judges makes EVERYTHING more difficult, including sometimes breathing.

4 - Flopping around without crashing is not as difficult as flying with great precision.

How's that??
Old 04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Geistware

I will have to agree, A one roll roller is probably the hardest maneuver to perfect. While most manuevers can be off but look like 10's, that maneuver will show that you are off in so many ways.
I'd say this about almost all rollers. It is the only figure I know of where you can actually zero and still have done something that looks like a roller to the untrained eye. I once gave a pilot a zero and he asked me why. I told him it was because I could not give him a minus 19, I had to stop at zero!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Johnny 3D

Why the hostility Aresti? Why do you think your 'style' of flying is so superior? If I wanted to troll I could take the same condescending disregard you have choosen. How bout dropping the attitude and enlighten me to the benefits and difficulties of IMAC. I can take a joke with the flip flop smack talk, but I dectect hostility from you. I'm interested in becoming a better pilot... I have no experience with IMAC nor am I familiar with IMAC maneuvers. Since you folks are familiar with 3D too, I was hoping for some better insight.

Jokes are one thing... I got humor and will laugh with you, but if your gonna thumb your nose then I'm no longer interested in wasting time conversing.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Andy540T
My Feedback: (9)

Johnny,

I was floundering around the sky "slamming sticks" with no real poupose when I started flying IMAC. Now my flying has purpose, and has become a lot more fun. As you accomplish new things and find out that you were or were not flying the figures correctly, you get a whole new respect for what your fellow pilots are going through. IMAC is truly a learning experiance that never seems to end.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Airdoggy

I do not think Aresti was being hostile in his answer, but merely stating observations based upon his own experience. I think his observations were "matter of fact" and "straight to the point". Nothing more and nothing less. It's hard to put emotion in type written words, so I just look at the type written words for what they are........just words.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Johnny 3D

Andy540T,

Thanks for the heads up, only thing though I see is that I am obsessive and anal about 3D. While there may not be standards that are determined by a ruling body such as judging in IMAC. I do self judge and practice what I consider to be precision 3D. I've spent several hundereds of hours smoothing out or making 3D maneuvers more precise(timing, input, altitude, smoothness, etc). I've seen joe blow young kid slapping sticks around in 3D flopping around like a fish. That is not how I fly 3D...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter what the maneuver is... in my mind. When it comes to being precise it's about execution , not whether it's an IMAC maneuver or 3D.

Obviously some people see it differently and I'm hoping to understand their perspective better.

I'm not so much interested in competion and have not been to and IMAC event. I'm fairly busy with work and going to college at the same time. I'm not close minded to IMAC but still a little hazy understanding how it will make me a better pilot. I fly because I enjoy it and I can do things I would never have the guts to attemp in full scale. I started flying acrobatic ultralights at 12 years of age with my father. I've pushed it to where I've gotten nose bleeds from g-force. 3D appeals to me because there are maneuvers you can't do full scale. I don't think of any style of acrobatics being better than another, I just acknowlede them as being different.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: SkyKop

I do not think Aresti was being hostile in his answer, but merely stating observations based upon his own experience. I think his observations were "matter of fact" and "straight to the point". Nothing more and nothing less. It's hard to put emotion in type written words, so I just look at the type written words for what they are........just words.
What he said. You asked a question. I answered it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.