Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

C.G position for IMAC vs 3D

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 AM
cameron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C.G position for IMAC vs 3D

Hi, just working out equipment placings in a new 40% extra, and would like to know what C.G ranges I would likely have to accommodate.
I have the recommended IMAC C.G position, but an unsure how far back I am likely to deviate from this for 3D.

On a 40% model, how much do you guys typically move the C.G back from an "IMAC" position to practice 3D?
ie (3D C.G position - IMAC C.G position) =?inches etc

Everyone has different prefferences for this, so the more responses the better.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Cameron McDonald
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
laker500
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C.G position for IMAC vs 3D

Hi Cameron,
I don't believe the question you are asking is that simple. It would be so plane specific and really mostly a personal preference. Of course their are the basics which makes the plane generally more sensitive the further back you move it but be careful. I witnessed a plane that was flown with it to far back and what a wild ride that was. They were lucky to get it back in one piece. Move it only a little at a time and test fly it to see how it responds. There are some good articles I've read lately in Fly RC and Model Aviation magazines regarding this type of fine tuning. It may be worth your time to try and check them out. Happy flying, Jeff