Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Best 50cc plane for IMAC

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
otterdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 50cc plane for IMAC

Hi Guys Our club just lost the use of our IMAC runway ( 2200+ft paved) and are forced into using a dirt runway until August . So we are going to have to scale down a bit and keep them quite at our other field.So what is the best 50cc IMAC plane for flying unlimited and advanced IMAC not 3D. We have no one in our club that flys the smaller planes except a patty with a zdz 50 and its not that great . Any first hand info would be great. Thanks, Mark,
Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Andy540T
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Best 50cc plane for IMAC

I really like the Wild Hare 330 with a DA50 or the Comp-Arf 2.3 with a DA50 on a tuned canister.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:36 PM
T28pilot
My Feedback: (2)

If your asking about 50cc planes whether it be for IMAC, 3D or general sport flying there really is only one plane you need to be looking at.

Extreme Flight RC's 87" Yak 54.
Yeah there are others that claim to be in the same league but, do a little reasearch and you'll quickly see this is THE only 50cc plane worth your hard earned dollars.

Here are some IMAC video with the Yak.
http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly...mac_videos.htm
Old 04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
exeter_acres

of course....that is assuming that you could actually "buy" anything from EF
Old 04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

of course....that is assuming that you could actually "buy" anything from EF

Who say's you cant?
You order one now, and when they come in you get one.

The entire shipement will most likely be sold out prior to them getting here. (Like what happened with the first shipment)
So, get on the list if you want one.

And,
Chris does have all white versions ready to ship right now.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
RickP

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For sure the 2.3 Composite ARF is a sure deal with the DA-50 and pipe for what you are describing. This airplane snaps like no tomorrow and will perform the Basic sequence perfectally and sportsman sequence admirably.
It is a little low on power for 3D and advanced sequences, but for what you are describing I think you will raise the bar at your site with this combination. Good luck.
RickP
Old 04-22-2005, 10:49 PM
otterdriver

Thanks for the input guys I orderd a TOC1 30% yak and a zdz 60 with a tune pipe should do the job it should be here this next week. I went ahead and got a 35%ER to it will be about a month out it will have a zdz 120 on cans. Thanks again. Mark,
Old 04-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Laserdude
My Feedback: (3)

Where did you get the Yak? Web address?

thanks
Old 04-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best 50cc IMAC plane is the one piloted by the pilot who spent the time to trim it and practice.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
otterdriver

I could not agree more Ryan. practice.practice.practice. by the way how do you like the 05 patterns it seems to flow nice but have only got to fly them on the sim hopefully we will be able to use our new runway by next weekend. Mark,
Old 04-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Flyfalcons

Mark, my current situation is pure hell in that my IMAC plane is nearly 2000 miles away from where I live [:@]. I have a couple helis and a fun fly to keep me busy but I miss my Extra. Now I have a new job where I'll be in training for 11 weeks, and won't have much time for RC flying. After that I plan on getting a H9 Extra 260 or EF Yak to keep me entertained until I can get a trailer and my bigger planes shipped out. If I get a 50cc plane in time to get it trimmed, I am hoping to make at least one IMAC contest wherever I end up living. I'll be flying Unlimited this year and it will be a fun challenge.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:39 PM
otterdriver

Hey Ryan Sounds like you must be moving up to larger aircraft with 11 weeks of training. I am still flying Beavers, Cubs, and Otters. You will like unlimited just wait for some of the unknowns thats the challenging part about flying unlimited. Mark,
Old 04-23-2005, 09:48 PM
otterdriver

Hey Laserdude The web address is TOC1.com. Mark,
Old 04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Flyfalcons

Mark, you are right I'm going to work for a regional airline next week, probably a good career move but just not the same as flying the Beav. I have a Brison 3.2 and some servos here just begging for a home so hopefully training goes by quickly.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:33 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Mark, you are right I'm going to work for a regional airline next week, probably a good career move
It will be.
My stint was at TSA was some of the best times I have had while flying for a living.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:06 AM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

hehehehe Reserve is pure hell though[:'(]...stay out N.Y. and you might be able to live on what you make the first yr..
Again good luck Flyfalcons
Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Laserdude

ORIGINAL: cubdriver

Hey Laserdude The web address is TOC1.com. Mark,
Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

The best 50cc IMAC plane is the one piloted by the pilot who spent the time to trim it and practice.
I like this point and heck I have yet to fly my GP Wagstaff with a Mr. Dooley R&Red ZDZ 50* and standard SuperSonic Pitts,in competition, but I think it is a great point here and very recently a part of the quoted topic appeared in a Model Aviation Mag. regarding aircraft set up --and of course the pilot skilled or not so skilled,were topics of that month's M.A. column.

Okay........A Composite 2.3 Extra with the new ZDZ 50 NG with the blue finish......and A S.S. Pitts-hate pipes--
Old 04-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Laserdude

[quote]ORIGINAL: ramcfarland

Okay........A Composite 2.3 Extra with the new ZDZ 50 NG with the blue finish......and A S.S. Pitts-hate pipes--
What is a S.S. Pitts - hate pipe?

Thanks

Old 05-18-2005, 07:10 PM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

I have been eyeing the TOC1 YAK 54 for a DA 50 platform. I know someone with the EF Yak 54 and the only complaint he has is with the covering. Everything else is said to be first rate. It flys 3D awesome. He has some work on the setup and practice to do for IMAC stuff.
I am wondering if the TOC1 YAK is in the same or near same class as the EF YAK in construction, equipment, hardware and accessories? It appears to fly very good in the hands of a capable pilot. I guess I am just looking for comparasons between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Bud
Old 05-21-2005, 08:43 AM
FastFredd

ORIGINAL: cubdriver

Hi Guys Our club just lost the use of our IMAC runway ( 2200+ft paved) and are forced into using a dirt runway until August . So we are going to have to scale down a bit and keep them quite at our other field.So what is the best 50cc IMAC plane for flying unlimited and advanced IMAC not 3D. We have no one in our club that flys the smaller planes except a patty with a zdz 50 and its not that great . Any first hand info would be great. Thanks, Mark,
I had the opportunity to fly the Hangar 9 27% Extra 260 ARF with a DA-50 in it owned by Brian huffmeier at the Joe Nall last week. It only had about 4 flights on it and had no mixing in it, and needed very little. It flew remarkably like its bigger brothers, very smooth. With the DA-50 a sportsman sequence could be done easily at half to two-thirds throttle. Never had to use full throttle except doing vertical up snaps and point rolls, and then it would keep on going out of sight if the throttle wasn't reduced. It will be a real winner for Hangar 9.

Fredd
Old 05-21-2005, 07:00 PM
RCXPLANES

Fast Fredd,
That is the second report I have heard on the same plane at Joe Nall. I saw the kit opened at my LHS and it was pretty impressive looking. The H9 Extra 260 sounds like a great 50cc choice. I am also considering the Aerotech Velox Rev II if they ever get released from customs or what ever the hold up is. Anyone have any experience with Aerotech ARFs?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Young-RCPilot

A club member at my field has a 35% Edge 540 from aero-tech and he told me it is one of the best planes he has had for quality of the kit he also fly's a Comp-Arf 40% Super Extra and says the Edge is his second favorite after the Extra, He also said the guys over at Aerotech are really good guys. Thats why I have ordered a 28% Aerotech Yak-54.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:04 PM
RCXPLANES

I have had the Aerotech Velox for a few months now. I don't get to fly it as often as I would like but I am very impressed with the plane every time it is in the air. Great control authority at all surfaces. The DA 50 is a great power plant for it. It would be a great candidate for electric conversion. The kit was of very good quality. I did relocate the fuel tank over CG with a laser cut tank mount that I designed.
The only complaint about this kit that I have is the covering used. It is very temperature sensitive and expands with heat rather than shrinks. 20 degrees ambient temperature rise and it bubbled horribly. The paint is very high quality on the fiberglass parts but the colors of covering and paint do not even closely match.
Once you start flying the plane, the covering and finish errors are easily overlooked due to its in flight quality. tracks nice and straight, tons of control authority even on low rates. 3D rates are crazy. Even with a forward CG the plane flips over like a foamy at times. the blenders are a thing of beauty. Flat spins like none other. Very slight KE coupling can be flown through or mixed out with small percentages of correction. Once I recover the plane this winter it will be perfect.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:03 PM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

I would have to say the Wild Hare Extra Special.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.