jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: carden vs composte arf ;opinions?

You can see the extra several times in this video made since the repair

[link=http://media.putfile.com/Mobile-EAC]Mobile EAC[/link]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:17 AM
flynm
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One nice thing about the comp arf is that there are never any wrinkles in the covering. A nice bonus
Old 12-14-2005, 04:34 AM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

as long as the plane flys good, it doesnt matter. its 95% between the ears of the pilot and the other 5% is practice.

brian
Old 12-14-2005, 10:56 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flynm

Does anyone have any comparison to aeroworks?
If you look at the kits Aeroworks used to produce and look over the past TOC's you will see what Aeroworks had...I have built several of everything mentioned in this post and feel at one time Aeroworks had the plane which would measure up to anything else offered. There light, more fragile than a Carden. Easy to build and the flight history of the Extra 300L's they produced from kits speaks for itself. From that point they got way overpriced, forgot about there customers, and produced some trash ARFS. I think they are working to remedy the last statement and there stuff is getting back on track. Now, hey Rocco? Where's your kits you,ve had coming back for the last year. There's still a market for the builders, if you think not you'll have to get on the waiting list for a Carden kit. Maybe someday folks will feel your stuff is worth waiting for, I hope so..
Old 12-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have to throw my vote with the Carden also. I just blew the entire centersection out of the fuselage on my old 35% 300. The wings, Cowl prop and landing gear were untouched but ride down through the tree took out the fuselage from the firewall to the wing tube.
I am rebuilding it at the moment and thus far have found no further damage so I expect it to weigh just what it did prior to the crash. It also reminded how good the original balsa was when I started looking for more at a local hobby shop.
ORIGINAL: rcpattern

I personally own a 40% Carden Extra, and love the way it flies. I have flown the Comp ARF and it also flies great. Earlier this summer I had the motor in my Carden hickup (very hot humid day, and I probably hovered a little too long), anyway it fell on its back. Being a Carden it was repairable. Yes, it is true to repair a composite ARF. I work in a Composite shop building UAV's for the military, but depending on the amount of damage a composite fuse can be MUCH harder to rebuild and keep the weight comparable. I've been very happy with my Carden and the service from Dennis and Carolyn,

thanks,

Arch
Old 12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
jlworth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NO GLO. you are correct about Carden aircraft ,and as alwas giving good info to those seeking advice. It would be an honor to be on a first name basis with you,so if its o.k.i will call you by your first name.Thanks mister GLO,it will be NO from now on. Please feel free to call me Team .So NO you and your family have a GREAT Cristmas .Your friend ,Team
Old 12-14-2005, 01:27 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jlworth

NO GLO. you are correct about Carden aircraft ,and as alwas giving good info to those seeking advice. It would be an honor to be on a first name basis with you,so if its o.k.i will call you by your first name.Thanks mister GLO,it will be NO from now on. Please feel free to call me Team .So NO you and your family have a GREAT Cristmas .Your friend ,Team
Thanks Team, Please by all means feel free to call me anything fitting. I should be stopping over here in the near future for some expertise on a set of plans we need to look over. Your friend No....ps Merry Christmas to you too, Walt