Website for maneuvers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:19 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Website for maneuvers??

I've been flying for about 6 years now and I consider myself a pretty good pilot. But there are maneuvers that I still don't quite know how they are done. Does anybody know of a website that shows diagrams of maneuvers and hopefully the stick throws to perform them?? I hope that I'm not dreaming for something that doesn't exist with this one. I would appreciate any help I can get on finding any.

There are more reasons why am looking for this than just myself. I also am an instructor at my field and I would like to put together a little booklet that I can give to my students to help them grasp some of the maneuvers, plus help them out after they have soloed and are flying on their own. I also think it would help out other people at our field if I could print booklets for them.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get on this one.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Welsh3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my website at www.aeroforce.co.uk might give you something
Old 10-05-2002, 11:51 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Welsch3d,
that is exactly what I am looking for. thanks. hopefully I can find more. My goal is to have as complete a booklet as possible.

thanks again
Old 10-05-2002, 01:42 PM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Horizon Hobby has a few good articles on this.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/air/archives.asp

look at the 3D with Mike for a few answers, plus other good info.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Welsh3D

RCKen.... Feel free to use my info , but please ensure that whoever reads your booklet knows where it came from if you do use it. If you need any specific pics of 3D or standard maneuvers post them here and I or another fellow member may be able to help.

I'll add some more 3D stuff soon like the rolling harrier, inverted harrier hopefully too, aswell as guidelines for a harrier landing. I see you fly an ultimate???

i've got a CG one, it's quite nice but too heavy, it's got a really heavy paint job and nylon covering, which is getting on 9 years old now, so it's due for a recover shortly. I very rarely fly it, 4 times this year actually, and twice were at an international airshow!

Have fun good luck, you're setting off on the mission i embarked on which was to produce an aerobatic resource, but sadly I don't have much time, being tied up with school, and i'm a member of a band aswell, plus i race downhill bikes, so i don't have much time to compile information, plus on our slow UK connections it takes the best part of two hours to upload it all.

It's good fun, and nice that people appreciate it, although very few people are willing to help out with such sites especially in this heli thng i'm after!
Old 10-06-2002, 02:59 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Welsh3D,
you can definately count on getting credit on anything I use from you. You don't know how much it's going to help.

Yeah, I have the Dave Patrick Ultimate. I LOVE it. I fly it every chance I get. It can still do more than I'm capable of!! lol. I'm just starting to learn 3D, just wish I had a bit more time to get out and practice it.

thanks again
Old 10-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Welsh3D

If you want a good 3D model don't hesitate to get a CAP 232, these will outfly an Edge 540 any day in 3D.

I fly a H9 Edge in IMAC and 3D (although its not been in any comps yet) and it's a pretty good 3D trainer, small enough that it doesn't need top everything, mine actually has 148s all round and will do the best of 3D pretty well!

My ultimate seems to enjoy torqe rolling... you may find the same.

Good luck