Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Advanced roller

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 06:57 AM
3D Joy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced roller

It is a 180 degree roller with 2 rolls to the inside. Is there a way of doing it ? I mean most if not all do it going away of the flight line and come back for the humpty bump just before the flight line. While going away, can we decide which way the roller goes, upwind or downwind ?

I made my first competition of the year and have been zeroed the roller AND the following humpty bump because they said the the humpty was performed in the wrong place (I rolled to the inside and INTO the wind).

Any help ??
Old 07-04-2005, 02:13 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Advanced roller

The Aresti tells you the direction of the roller. When flying left to right, you do the stall turn on your right side and do the roller going back to the left and then do the humty on your left side. Of course there are no centering rules anymore. the you have to pull up into the humty, half roll and push outbound.

If you wanted to fly the same L - R but do the stall turn at the back of the box and come inbound on the roller that is ok as long as the plane is traveling on the correct L to R pattern. You would have to change the direction of the snap in #1 to left and change the roller to right aileron and change the negitive snap on the humpty to left. the humpty would also push inbound.