IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

1.60 FX and Patrick Edge/Extra

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 03:18 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.60 FX and Patrick Edge/Extra

hey guys- I was wondering what your experiences are with the 1.20-1.40 size aerobats with the O.S. 1.60. It seems that everyone is putting gas engines in them and increasing thier wieght, so I can't find out if the O.S. is enough power. I hope that 12-13 lbs is attainable with the Edge. comments?

Thanks,
Old 07-11-2005, 09:41 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.60 FX and Patrick Edge/Extra

The OS 1.60 FX will swing a 17x13 APC in the 8000 to 8300 range with a tuned pipe setup, so likely with a standard muffler, you would see it handle that load in the high 7000 range, probably around 7900. This with 15% nitro. It's a great running engine, which I have been using in 2M pattern airplanes for about a year now. I've run three of them and they are all rugged and 100% reliable. It won't have any problem hauling the freight with a 12 or 13 lb airframe. Use a type F plug for best results.