how to set thrust up.

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

how to set thrust up.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Adrian Lewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to set thrust up.

i am able to purchase a edge 540 which is suited to a 80-100 engine. i am wanting to put a da 100 in it and use it to hover and use as an all round 3d aircraft. what i dont know is how much right thrust and up thrust to give it. i can hover my foamy and fun fly but this will be my first large aircraft. any advice.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:54 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: how to set thrust up.

which plane.....

are the the foamy and fun fly that you mentioned all that you have flown?? that could be a big step

usually I build that plan as the designer intended... I then fly it to see if it needs any thrust then adjust accordingly, shims or different size standoffs, etc. etc.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Adrian Lewer

hi, the plane is an edge and once had a 80 cc engine in it. the plane is in ok condition and has not been crashed. i want to put a da 100 in it as i think da are reliable from what i have heard. (or can i hover in an 80 if so what is a good brand)
i dont know of the builder and dont know if the builder built in side or up thrust and want to check it all before i fly it. i also want to know if the tail and main wing should be set at 0-0 incidence.
i know this is a big step but i confident i can pull it off as i am a very compedent pilot but realize it is not a walk in the park.
i also have an o.s 160 and bcm muffler. would somthing this size be better to hover with first. if so are there any kits or arf's out there of good quality.

thanks for your comments they are appreciated...
Old 10-21-2005, 06:38 AM
the hobbyman

ferret,
Read the comments by Acrobat in this thread
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3382408/tm.htm
Regards
The Hobbyman.