Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Precision Aerobatics Edge 540T (50cc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Angus Balfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision Aerobatics Edge 540T (50cc)

Hi,

Anyone tried this in IMAC? Any good? Looks like a very good plane to me, well built and very light for it's size (only 13.2lbs quoted with 50cc). How did it 3D?

Any info much appreciated.

Angus
Old 11-17-2005, 01:09 AM
BadBoy__MadMikey

Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Edge 540T (50cc)

If you have the abilty watch the video of tony flying his!!! i understand that this plane 3-ds like no other 50cc plane!!!! i will be flying one of these this season in basic class with a 50cc da!!!

Mike
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Angus Balfour

Yes I saw the vid, looked to fly well. I have virtually decided 100% to get one of these planes. It is significantly lighter than a QQ or EF Yak and its cheaper as well + I can get one in a week or so.

I was going to wait for the new EF Wotsit but it seems it is going to be slightly bigger for same size engine, I think. Asking a lot of a 50 IMO, even the high power ZDZ and DA (I'm ZDZ). The PA Edge is a touch smaller at 84" span and combined with it's extreme light weight I think it will be a winner. It comes with all the hardware and if you buy it before Xmas it comes with carbon wing and tail tube at no extra cost. Bargain

They have also slightly modified the elevs from the early ones in that the newer ones are larger. The elevs now look to be full 3D type ones as opposed to the smaller original ones.

Angus
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
awat65
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angus, I am the guy flying the Edge in the video. The plane flys extremly well and flys 3d well also. When I flew the plane for the video, it was nose heavy, but still able to do 3d flying. I have been using it to practise the IMAC intermediate sequence. The quality of this arf is outstanding and a very good value. If yo have any questions other questions about this plane, please feel free to ask me.

Tony Watkins