South Central Basic Bootcamp

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Yak_54_flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Central Basic Bootcamp

Guys

I have recently spoke with our R.D. for SC area and asked about having an introduction bootcamp to IMAC. I have been told that it would be ok to use the Mt. Pleasent , Texas field. It is a perfect field to fly on, has plenty of space to fly IMAC. The runway is approximately 600 ft. long by my guess is 40 ft wide. They also have a fully covered pit area. Their website with pictures is www.clubnetrc.com. This is the first one I will be doing. As far as ideas that I have planned are: Basic understanding of reading aresti, practicing safety at IMAC events, practicing judging and scribing, and yes lots of flying (mainly basic, sportsman). I myself am learning the new Intermediate sequence. Of course any pilot of any class is welcomed. I do plan to solicit help from existing IMAC pilots that I have flown with to make the day more instructional. This field is about a 2 hr drive from the Dallas area. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]. Since this is my first, any and all ideas are welcomed that you future IMAC pilots might have. Also remember that you don't have to fly the biggest thing out there in basic. So please bring your favorite aerobat and lets have a good weekend.
OK NOW

I am planning to have this sometime after the first of the year during January or early February.
Hopefully some of the top notch fliers in SC can attend.

Eddie Bernaldez
[email protected]
Old 11-16-2005, 08:17 PM
marshallcowboy
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: South Central Basic Bootcamp

Eddie,
Im gonna be there LOL. Gonna try this as a 1 day or 2 day ? Think if its 2 days it wont feel rushed and can get alot on good info passed around and lots of flying. I also d/l alot of the good info from the IMAC website been reading the crap out of it. Possibly print most ofit out and turn it into some kind of a workbook to pass out? Just a thought. Im gonna be at the field thursday (if the weather is good) and fly some.
Jarrod
Old 11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Jarrod

Right now I have the ok to use the field one day only.

Eddie
Old 11-16-2005, 09:36 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to go to the big annual heli fly-in at Mount Pleasant. It is indeed a nice field.

Its a fair hump from here (8-9 hours towing a trailer), but my pal and I could possibly make it if the planets line up just right.

Keep us posted.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Just shot you a PM, because I cant get the links to your email address to work. I'm definitely in, just let me know when to be there.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:37 AM
marshallcowboy

ORIGINAL: Lowlevlflyer

Just shot you a PM, because I cant get the links to your email address to work. I'm definitely in, just let me know when to be there.
I noticed his email link is a tad bit too long lol. Low its precepter"@"aol.com (remove the quotes)
I talked with Eddie last night on the phone, and even though Im flying basic myself, Im trying to help him get this together cuz this is gonne be benificial to everyone who comes down for this. Hopefully we can get some of the top notch flyers to come down help with judging, some one on one help call. Maybe if this is a success it can become an annual thing to help for all new guys coming into IMAC.

Eddie I found more of the stuff we talked about on the phone and added it to the folder. Anyways I Hope we have a nice turnout for this when the date is more for sure.

Maybe our RD would like to add some input on here.
MC
Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
texasskydiver
My Feedback: (8)

Just sent you an email. I am definitely interested.

Howie
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Sorry that the email hasn't worked. Here is the address again [email protected] I am reading this thread daily.

Eddie
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Don' know why RCU is posting a miss on my address. Just type in the second one...... precepter .... and then the rest

eddie
Old 11-17-2005, 01:52 PM
marshallcowboy

eddie, ya get the stuff I sent ya?
Jarrod
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 PM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Eddie, I am sure a couple of us from Shreveport would be interested in helping out. Shoot me an email when you get a chance with some of the details and how we can help. [email protected] .....Jonas
Old 11-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Eddie,

I should be able to lend a hand. Is this your home field and is it in longview?

Ryan
Old 11-18-2005, 01:56 AM
Redneck Shaun
My Feedback: (1)

Dang'it three hours away for me [:@]. I wish we could get one of these closer to my neck of the woods .Being this will be my first year flying basic, I really need to attend one of these. Or get a personal trainer LOL.................
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86493.gif
Views:	14
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	356180  
Old 11-18-2005, 07:46 AM
marshallcowboy

ORIGINAL: SHAUN RUSSELL

Dang'it three hours away for me [:@]. I wish we could get one of these closer to my neck of the woods .Being this will be my first year flying basic, I really need to attend one of these. Or get a personal trainer LOL.................
Shaun,
Get with a few of they guys in the club, see if they want to come and possibly do a car pool down. Driving the 3 hours wont be that bad for this, and Ive discovered that most of the mapping programs base the drive time on 45 mph lol. Trust me it will be well worth the drive.
Jarrod
Old 11-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Lowlevlflyer

Shaun, I'm planning on coming down for the boot camp... I live in Davis, OK and I'll have to come right through Gainsville, so if you dont have a ride with one of your club members, I'd be more than happy to let you ride down with me. I'll have my trailer, and I'm sure we can get your gear in there with mine. We'' see what's going on a little closer to time for all this to take place, but the offer's there if you need it. Gonna be my first year flying basic also.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 AM
marshallcowboy

ORIGINAL: Ryans Rebel

Eddie,

I should be able to lend a hand. Is this your home field and is it in longview?

Ryan
Ryan,
I think the Mt Pleasant field is about an hour NW of longview.
Jarrod
Old 11-18-2005, 09:59 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a long hump for us, Ryan. Go to Shreveport, hook a left toward Dallas, then take 59 north from Marshall. Once you leave the four lane a bit north of Marshall, it becomes a very scenic drive, but long. Texas FM roads are better than our federal highways (big surprise... EVERY state has better roads than this miserable place), but its still a good piece of traveling.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Guys

I spoke with Doug today and asked if we can go ahead and fly on Sunday also since some of you were going to drive a long way. He said no problem. So it looks like we can have a second day of good practice in. I personally dont have a list of motels but I believe there might be some listed on their website, this club hosts one of the largest heli fly ins.

Eddie

www.clubnetrc.com
Old 11-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Redneck Shaun

Thanks for the offer guys.Well see what the dates turn out to be and make a decision then. There are a couple of newbie's to IMAC at our field that might also what to take the trip.
Thanks again
shaun
Old 11-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Yak_54_flyer

Thanks Shaun

I will keep everyone posted.

Eddie
Old 11-20-2005, 07:22 AM
marshallcowboy

Hey Everyone,
I've listed the SCR Basic Boot Camp on the club web site that Eddie is a member of. As of now its only showing that it will be happening. Check it every so often as more information will be posted there as well as on here. As it draws closer there will be a way to registor, and a download for a "workbook" that everyone will need to print out and bring with them, that will be coming. A list of the hings needed to print out will be listed on the site as well, but the download will have more then is needed. There will be a few things in it just for your personal information to read and to understand, but wont be needed at the boot camp.
As Eddie gives me more info I will post it so check the web site and here.
The website address is: http://www.easttexasaeromodelers.org click on the events page on the left side of the home page to get to the information and the workbook d/l. The workbook wont be up until later this month or the beginning of Dec.
Jarrod
Old 11-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Super D

I'm in, I've already spoken with Eddie. Cant wait, got to go work on the 30% TOC YAK.

OH BTW eddie we should have no problem flying at Malakoff TX should you want to do that as well. No shots have been fired in a long time .
Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Redneck Shaun

Hey Eddie
I see Anna Wood has just posted the names of ther volunters that are going to be at the Arizona work shop. Looks like some big name flyers are stepping up to the plate to help the newbies get started in IMAC out there. Are you having much luck getting the volunters to commit to coming to the boot camp to help the newbies in this region?
Shaun
Old 11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
RByrd

Eddie,

Put me down. I will be there to help out. I like giving back!

Rick
Old 11-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Put me down as a volunteer also. On maybe I could just hand and fly with the basic guys all weekend!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.